NET rankings - we are number 1

Really? Who scares you in the East?

Obviously UCONN is tough but that would not be until the Elite Eight.

Can’t say I disagree with anything you said.

It will be someone similar to last like Miami who gets hot….moves the ball around quickly and hits 40%+ from three.

That is the kind of team we are vulnerable to….not many of them out there.

The B10 will still get 10 teams into the tournament, but Purdue could go out in first round again along with most other B10 teams. Next year could easily be two or more B12 teams in FF.

1 Like

I suspect BYU will win.

Remember, UH already BUTT STOMPED Utah…despite the fact that they had two seven footers in the starting five.

1 Like

It’s more about the chance to play in Dallas for the S16 vs Boston.

2 Likes

Gotcha.

I hadn’t even loooked that far yet.

Yeah, but Houston is legitimately a top 3 team. I’m hoping you are right. It’d be nice to have my blue Cougs be 4-0 in Q1-Q2 games

1 Like

A 30 mile drive across Houston takes about 1+ hours most days . . . . .

4 Likes

There’s a 7,000,000 people pool to fill like 8,500 seats

3 Likes

That’s wild. I drive 80 miles an hour for four hours to get to Provo. That’s basically a drive across Houston it seems.

That’s wild. I drive 90 miles an hour for two miles to get to Fertitta Center. The last mile down Elgin is a bit slower. :joy:

3 Likes

My son actually went to Longwood. How fun would that be.

BYU leapfrogged us last night and is now #1

Wait till they get a load of us v Rice. POW

2 Likes

There’s a good chance they lose Saturday.

Stetson and Xavier had ugly losses last night. Our SOS went down.

The American has 5 sub 230 teams. They do have 6 top 100 but only FAU ranked in the top 60 (#19). They’re gonna have to dodge a lot of landmines if they want a high seed.

3 Likes

More and more I’m thinking FAU is a paper tiger. Their offense is good enough to win a lot of games (especially in the AAC), but their lack of defense is going to turn them into an early tourney exit.

1 Like

This basically the same roster that went 33-4 and went to the Final Four last year. If they could do it once, they can do it again.

1 Like

Illinois just popped 'em.