NET rankings - we are number 1

It’s odd being on this end. You mean we don’t have to kill ourselves in the non con?

4 Likes

Weird. Sagarin has been around forever. Wonder why he quit

2 Likes

With as tough as what the conference schedule will be it just makes no sense to take a pounding in non-con.
It’s a fine balance and CKS has it figured out to damn near perfection.

3 Likes

Did Jon Brown bring the rest of the team or just play them all by himself?

I used to do college admissions work and I have never heard of John Brown!

1 Like

JB3 ?

1 Like

John Brown University in Siloam Springs Arkansas. My dad was going to go there but his National Guard unit was mobilized for WWII. They went to the Aleutian Islands and afterward he went to OCS and made a career of it. He said that Army work was much easier than working on the farm.

3 Likes

Zion for the win

1 Like

Seems like we may have a new rival, Arizona. It’s probably because we beat them 2 years ago in the tournament when they were a one seed and they see us ranked high a lot.

6 Likes

We don’t!
We have been selling out the majority of games for multiple seasons including ALL season tickets the past two seasons.
In a big city with many midweek games there will always be purchased seats that don’t get filled.

1 Like

he said filling the stadium, not selling it out

3 Likes

They got the kid from El Paso , KJ Lewis.( we were in his final 4)
A buddy of mine who coaches in El Paso swore to me this kid would make a difference for whoever got him as a freshman.

He was right……difference maker.

Having loaded OOCs be a luxury instead of a borderline requirement is probably my favorite part of the B12

Not plummeting 3 seedlines bc of one bad week in conference is a close second

2 Likes

You also aren’t punished as harshly if you lose a tough game cause there’s another 10 tough games around the corner. It’s awesome.

4 Likes

Yes, but what you two are missing is the original point was why there aren’t as many people in the seats despite sellouts. It’s because the home games so far are atrocious. And with 20 ish games to make people are going to prioritize other things if they are busy until we get to the meat of our schedule.

2 Likes

Here is a good link that compares teams and the various rankings

2 Likes

Latest from Lunardi.

2 Likes

That Longwood game is a bad matchup for us

5 Likes

I’d rather be a 2 in the South than a 1 in the East

2 Likes

Here’s my concerns with this years team (specifically speaking about the tournament).

With no consistent/reliable scoring in the paint from our bigs means in order to win the Championship our guards are going to have to carry the load (and be on) for six straight games. Our bigs are also horrible shooting FT which really concerns me at crunch time.

The other concern I have is how much we trap on the perimeter. Especially against a team that moves the ball around quickly because the way we trap on the perimeter a good passing team will get great open looks. Teams that don’t let the ball get sticky and are willing to make the extra pass(s) again will get great looks from 3. Obviously they’ll need to hit these open shots but you can’t guard/take away everything and every team has a weakness and against a good passing team with some good perimeter shooters that concerns me.

Francis is too slow and why he’s always in foul trouble. Hoping Tugler can settle in because if he doesn’t he’ll be in foul trouble as well and if we have to put TA at the 4 against a team with a big with experience down low who’s strong with a good offensive game it’s going to be a huge liability.

Again these are concerns in the tournament.

3 Likes