NET rankings - we are number 1

We are #1, 7 big 12 schools in the top 20. That’s wild.

8 Likes

3-0 in Q1 already and we haven’t even started conference!

But also… Kansas way down in 16th!! :eyes:

And OK State and West Virginia way way down in 196 and 209th respectively :woozy_face: I know these things will get sorted as the season wears on but yikes…

2 Likes

I feel for West Virginia, they went from believing they are good to whatever they are. That sucks for them.

2 Likes

Woah. That’s why better than what I did.

1 Like

Add in future big 12 member Arizona for the #3 spot.

Can you imagine a final 4 with Houston, BYU, Arizona, and Baylor?

6 Likes

Seth Davis & Andy Katz when they see only 2 Big10 teams inside the top 20 and half the teams would be Q3/Q4 games for the home team.

IMG_0054

11 Likes

12 Likes

#1 in NET, KenPom and ESPN BPI, all of which are used by the committee…

4 in ESPN SOR. Sagarin has not published. Neither has KPI.

1 Like

CKS is an absolute genius when it comes to having his team in the top 5 of the various metrics every year.

It’s not just from playing well.

He and his staff craft the OOC schedules to get them at the top of these rankings.

8 Likes

JR has been screwing us a bit with his vote every week….not sure if he became besties with Davis or what.

Your boys are looking pretty damn good so far….do you think they are a NCAA team or NIT?

Bingo!
He is great about creating the right schedule

2 Likes

I’m going to the A&M game. Lets goooo!!!

4 Likes

So, I think we are a paper tiger in the big 12.

Pros-
we are really deep, lots of depth
We shoot really well
We hustle a lot on defense

Cons
We are short. our starting center (injured) is only 6’6”
We don’t have a strong inside presence
We lack general athleticism

2 Likes

IMHO, the first two are really only a major concern v. Kansas (Dickenson). The third one, though, will likely be a problem.

BYU has impressed me. Look to be a tournament team

1 Like

Your reply showed me I used are instead of our. How embarrassing.

If we continue to shoot well I think we will be a force to be reckoned with. I watch Houston and I think BYU will be in trouble against Houston because we lack size and athleticism. I do think we make the tourney this year.

1 Like

Y’all destroyed Arizona State, NC State and have a solid win over the Aztecs.

You also have a huge arena at elevation. Hold serve at home and you’re a top 5 seed easily.

It’s nice to be in a league where you can lose 5-8 conference games and it might help your seed!

1 Like

The thing that gives me hope is the saying that “Good teams win games, great teams beat the spread.” Thus far BYU is 7-0 against the spread. @Utah this Saturday will be interesting. They are much taller than us. We are bringing thousands of BYU fans to the game though to hopefully make it a home game. If we win that game we should be undefeated until Cincy comes to town to start Big 12 play.

I agree though, St Mary’s and the Zags were fine, but it will nice to be in a really good basketball conference.

1 Like