NET rankings - we are number 1

Utah hates BYU. should be a good one. wont utah sell out without a bunch of BYU fans? i know that byu alum are everywhere but Utah does well on their own I would think/.

1 Like

They have an avid fanbase for football but it is near nothing for basketball.

This picture is from when they played against #4 Arizona last year.

Edit: A running joke in Utah is about Utah having curtains up because they have had curtains blocking the upper bowl for years.

Edit #2: Here is an article talking about how much better their attendance is with a picture.

2 Likes

a Houston-like atmosphere going on

thats one way to downsize the arena size. We went the more expensive route

2 Likes

Here is a roll call thing from a prominent twitter ute:
https://x.com/StatueOfWhitt/status/1730689084195238310?s=20

And a prominent twitter BYU fan:
https://x.com/oldmaxhall/status/1730645845098590257?s=20

I live in Minneapolis but from what I read on this board, this is quite similar to Hofheinz:

“between 20-30% of ticket-holders are letting their tickets go to waste, evidenced by the large number of empty red seats at the Huntsman Center”

1 Like

Good to know that If my brother and I happen to accidentally time our visit to our parents in South Jordan next year to coincide with the UH game, we wont have a problem getting tickets

1 Like

I don’t understand why Houston has such a hard time filling the stadium for basketball. It is consistently a good product.

As a side note, season tickets for Utah basketball were $90. BYU’s baseline, bench seats, nosebleeds in a stadium that holds 20,000 were $150.

I have a group of 120 friends and family going up to SLC next week to cheer for the blue cougs. ($5 per seat) We are expecting it to be roughly 50/50 split. If anyone cares I can share a picture of the crowd split here.

3 Likes

I have said it before on here, but go to Provo. To away fans both fanbases are great, but Provo invests in the atmosphere unlike most colleges.
Someone shared these videos on BYU’s site. The first video is worth watching to at least the point the sheet drops and the video starts. The second video shows the sheets come to the floor, but not necessary to watch by any means.

Come to Provo when you come out to South Jordan.

1 Like

What’s wild is I’m old enough to remember when Utah packed 15,000 for hoops while their football team hoped for that same number!

We technically sold out our arena again but it’s clear ticket brokers bought season tickets looking to make bank on Big12 games. Wish we could weed them out.

I live in Los Angeles but have two seats. I give them to family and friends but for a handful of midweek games it’s sometimes hard to find takers. I can’t sell them to randos though because my sister has two seats next to mine.

3 Likes

I am similar, I live 4 hours from Provo and I get to the weekend games, but often times during the week I can’t because of snow and different things. I share a seat with my brother and his wife. I live next to Vegas though, and I go there frequently for basketball.

2 Likes

I’m a big fan of Southern Utah. Beautiful area along the river.

2 Likes

The 5 national parks of southern Utah are amazing. I hike in Zion national park pretty much every week. If you want off the beaten trail the Escalante region has some amazing stuff too, even though it’s not a national park.

6 Likes

Good to know. Hadn’t heard of it. Zion was worth it but the crowds are nuts. Ruined it a bit like in Yosemite.

2 Likes

I don’t know if you have ever done slot canyons, but Peek-a-boo, spooky, and zebra slot canyons near escalante are awesome and accessible. There is also lower calf creek falls which is beautiful, but very busy.

If you like like back packing or off roading you can’t beat escalante and the grand staircase region (connecting regions)

2 Likes

Houston computer trickers!

1 Like

What are you talking about? It looks sold-out to me.

:rofl:

8 Likes

That’s not the issue. They have weeded them out, but our home schedule was ranked like 293rd. It’s abysmal. previously, because he AAC didn’t have enough quality teams, we made sure our OOC was a least decent. We brought in average teams to play. now they are glorified high school teams. It doesn’t make ticket holders with 20 games to attend anticipate going to all of them.

2 Likes

That’s simply not true. In fact, while we haven’t hosted a name team, we also have not played any of the absolute worst.

There are 362 D1 teams. As of right now the worst one we host is 274 Rice which is a cross 288 rival.

Our home schedule is weaker than our road but as of right now we have the following;

17 games vs top 100
5 games between 101-200
8 games between 201-300
0 games against sub 301

2 Likes

yeah. and the non conference has been all the 200-300 Ken Pom games. Which are awful.
LA Monroe - 289
TAMU CC - 287
Stetson - 227
Towson - 216
Montana, the best non con home game - 168
Rice - 220
Jackson state - 263
Texas St - 203
Penn - 191

1 Like

But that’s college basketball, especially for the power conferences.

Of the top 25, only 10 have hosted a top 100 team. 6 of those were tied to a conference challenge game which we will get next year.

Here’s who Texas has hosted so far; Incarnate Word, Delaware State, Rice, Wyoming, and Texas State.

Baylor has hosted Gardner-Webb, John Brown (?), UMKC, Nicholls, and NW State.

OU drew Central Michigan, Miss Valley State, Texas State, UT Rio Grande, and Arkansas Pine Bluff.

Our home schedule is basically interchangeable with UT and better than BU and OU

5 Likes