2023 Transfer Portal

Iowa St going to be tough

they will be super young, but really talented… if they are good next year they might be good for 2 or 3 years after that (barring a portal implosion)

3 elite recruits, woffords star freshmen, buffalos star soph, a 12pt soph from unlv… jeremiah Williams from temple who has 3 years eligibility (who sat out)… no one they are bringing is in an upperclass

Going to need that updated big 12 early look. Lot of movement since you made it originally.

2 Likes

When you see 25 new posts

But none turn out to be a new UH signee or even someone we are linked too

18 Likes

Not even a @Joprior23 tease lol

1 Like

https://www.google.com/search?q=stuck+in+the+dry+desert+pic&tbm=isch&ved=2ahUKEwiY_cfXibL-AhVZPN4AHeZ1C9AQ2-cCegQIABAC&oq=stuck+in+the+dry+desert+pic&gs_lcp=ChJtb2JpbGUtZ3dzLXdpei1pbWcQAzIFCCEQqwIyBQghEKsCMgUIIRCrAjoECCMQJzoFCAAQogRQpAVYmhhg0xhoBHAAeACAAYIBiAHdBpIBAzAuN5gBAKABAcABAQ&sclient=mobile-gws-wiz-img&ei=Edc9ZNiwK9n4-LYP5uutgA0&bih=720&biw=414&rlz=1CDGOYI_enUS986US986&hl=en-US#imgrc=Z_Y9LGOm8XTJCM

How I’ve been feeling this week about UH basketball

We only have one spot open now and I am sure CKS is doing his due diligence in selecting or recruiting. Or he may just not use it. Whatever the decision is, I am good with it. We have two big freshmen (Lath redshirted as a mid year entry) in our front court and a good guard group without adding anyone else. I am not worried about getting anyone else and I am confident in Kelvin’s judgment.

2 Likes

it doesnt make sense for Mylik to up and transfer unless we have someone in the works. otherwise why not just roll with the full ship?

im just ready for something to drop already…!

7 Likes

Because there was a strong chance he wasn’t going to be in the rotation.

1 Like

I think it makes a lot of sense. He saw the guards we brought in and knew he wouldn’t get to play.

I knew Mike would calm everyone down. :grinning:

pesiks unsubstantiated rumors - with absolutely no evidence or insight to back it… part 3… (basically fantasy)

what if we havent been thinking outside the box enough!!!
there was a very unfortunate class of students who signed up for OTE year 1 calling it a “contract”, 1 year before NIL became a thing, today all ote kids play for free and get “nil” (maintaining college eligibility)… but that unfortunate 1 class lost eligibility

bryce griggs is the biggest name in that class connected to us… but there was a more touted less famous Houston player in the lot. 5star tyler smith, a sharp shooting 6’10 power forward… who is not a major draft prospect

what if we negotiate with the ncaa a 7-10 game suspension and he’s our guy. hear me out
https://twitter.com/tksmith1104/status/1627004504842403842

7 Likes

What is so hard to understand? Wilson made business decision that he wanted to play so he moved on.

4 Likes

it was not a business decision for mylik to make

he already used his 1 time transfer… 2 times
mylik only transfer if encourage by the coaches to do so, and the staff saying theyll give him a pushout waiver

3 Likes

This is his third transfer. From ULALA to Tech, Tech to UH now to his 4’th school.

1 Like

Realizing he could be a SR without any assurances he could get on the court.
Regardless of the rule, one which may be waived anyway, I can definitely see why he would choose to transfer and why we would encourage him to do so.

1 Like

Maybe bringing in two starting guard convinced him?

2 Likes

Bryce Griggs and the c/o 2022 was very unfortunate too :writing_hand:

Especially with LJ wanting PG duties

1 Like