2023 Transfer Portal

so folks in the know say we are going to target a tretch 4… but nothing besides their word

we arent linked to any bigs …

some things to note are sampson normally keeps a ship open (so we could be done)
and dedan thomas still has the reclass decision… and note shead in the only pg on roster, lj will run some pg but both are starting together…so another pg target is possible

but also the big rotation is such a big hole i doubt sampson doesnt address that (he doesnt have many seasons to be wasting one on a non title contender)

8 Likes

Shead confirmed coming back yet? I need to put a bow on that mentally…

3 Likes

no but put it 95% coming back…
he hasnt said he is coming back… but lj talked about playing with shead, shead made good ye posts to mark and jarace when they said they were done (which would be odd if he intended to leave aswell)…

also i didnt note this earlier but shead in houston working out with the team… and had all the returning guards except mylik and sharp…and sharp has some injury (was going to note as to why wilson might be gone)…its not confirmed but he is most likely coming back

2 Likes

Sharp has an injury?

1 Like

https://mobile.twitter.com/On3sports/status/1648028074397560849

2 Likes

North Texas Pg in the running too.

1 Like

Arkansas going to average 100 points a game if I add up all the players last year’s PPG

1 Like

He posted a pick on his socials of him in a hospital with some kind of wrap on his leg last week… could be meaningless no details

1 Like

AAC Power in that lineup.

Battle will be good. He really hurt us when we played them

2 Likes

I thought that turned out to be his surgery from last year?

2 Likes

2 Likes

2 Likes

Do not like the look of that! :thinking: :grimacing:

I’m not sure who it will be but some of the transfers to Arkansas are not going to be happy about their playing time.

Staff recruited him out of HS but probably not a need now if Dedan is top of the list

I’d rather get a big now especially since we are going to the B12.

We could always reload from the portal in the offseason for a new PG after Shead graduates

4 Likes

Jaylon Tyson, formerly of TT, just hit the portal. Parker Ainsworth, Locked on Coogs, thought he would be an interesting fit. Any UH interest? Would the transfer of former TT Mylik Wilson be a negative for UH?

Steven Ashworth to Creighton

Helps to fill the PG void with Ryan Nembhard transferring

We are not in need of a off ball wing…he is a great fit but not a need
Like if there was a 6’8 dominant rebounder who couldn’t shoot… they would be a fit but not a current need with what’s already here

The realistic options are a big, dedan or hold the ship

What happened to the stretch 4. Mylik is transferring. What other moves could there possibly be? Is this move still going down @Joprior23?

If we don’t get him I want to know who you were referring to. I’m legitimately curious who would make us one of the best offensive teams in the country.

1 Like