2023 Transfer Portal

checks where Nolan Smith works

Louisville lean ?

Weirdly Louisville got a bunch of highly ranked recruits despite being atrocious last season

Louisville has a ton of support, money, history and are treated like a pro team in the city. Also they have a huge arena that they normally sellout. Kids care less about year to year W-L record than most ppl think.

IIRC, Louisville hoops makes far more $$$ than any other BB program in the country by a wide margin.

In a 2021 article entitled the Richest College Basketball Programs in America, it states that Louisville blows everyone else out of the water with revenues of over $48 million/year. So they can afford to recruit and fund a highly competitive NIL program.

1 Like

I could see him ending up in Memphis with a NIL. One of the schools he was looking at before signing with Duke.

1 Like

a fun mess happening in arkansas

11 Likes

Tramon definitely not getting the ball as much as he would returning

12 Likes

Yup. The Arkansas fit is going to make zero sense.

11 Likes

Arkansas potential roster:

1.Devo Davis
2.Jordan Walsh (could turn pro)
3.Trevon Brazile (returning from ACL injury)
4.Makhi Mitchell
5.Jalen Graham
6.Joseph Pinion
7.Derrian Ford
8.Barry Dunning Jr
9.Baye Fall (incoming 6ft 10" freshmen)
10.Layden Blocker (incoming 6ft 2" freshmen)
11.Keyon Menifield (incoming transfer)
12.Tramon Mark (incoming transfer)
13.Khalif Battle (incoming transfer)

1 Like

Anthony Black
Battle
Mark

I see the vision :sunglasses:

Anthony Black not turning pro?

1 Like

Mark would probably be better off getting into some kind of professional league than fighting for the ball with that group.

1 Like

He is, he is a lottery pick. Walsh should be gone as well

3 Likes

Black for sure is gone….mid first most likely….

TM might put himself back in the portal….

2 Likes

There is a belief that Walsh might comeback since he has a low 2nd round grade

Agree. Muss usually makes it work come March but having atrocious spacing + so many ball dominant players is a recipe for disaster

That’s surprising since its a weak draft.

Tramon could maybe still back out like WKU center did on Memphis last year

3 Likes

I may be wrong but I could have sworn I heard/read some talking heads saying this was a stronger draft than normal….maybe they meant you could get similar player in 2nd round as you can in late first….like decent depth, but not much at the top?

1 Like