2023 Transfer Portal

As typical, you guys exhibit absolutely ZERO patience. It’s April the TWELFTH… Kids don’t even have to declare their final intentions about the NBA draft YET and you’re already “complaining”(I don’t like) that we have a glaring weakness for NEXT year’s roster.

Geez…we’re not even finished adding to the 2023-2024 roster. It’s April the TWELFTH…

Nate

8 Likes

This x 100000

I hear you but let’s say “ some of you guys”……there’s others on the board that know a little about how things work in collegiate sports.

2 Likes

I think it’s more that some (a lot) of us are worried that we are zeroed in on someone who may not end up being here. We got burned big time by Lofton last year and it has left a bad taste in our mouth. I probably can speak for a lot of us when I say let’s get folks wrapped up and locked in, while also realizing that’s impossible to do before the NBA withdrawal deadline.

2 Likes

Yeah, some of you boys are worse than my 17 YO grand daughter.

Drama Llamas.

1 Like

1 Like

Just fans talking sports on a sports board… maybe no need to eat our own on that

6 Likes

The concern is that we dont have an “open” roster spot

1.Shead
2.Cryer
3.Dunn
4.Arcenaux
5.Roberts
6.Francis
7.Sharp
8.Ced Lath
9.Tugler
10.McFarland
11.Ramon Walker
12.Mylik Wilson
13.KJ Jefferson

Mylik may not want to transfer. Cause according to the new transfer rules, if you transfer twice you have to sit a year. Like the old way. Exception being, grad transfers.

We shall see if the NCAA abides by that.

Mylik transferred in last summer.

1 Like

Dude’s a Senior. This was his fourth year in school. I really hope he’d have at least the opportunity to graduate by now.

1 Like

He graduated by now.

Any guesses on who we are looking at besides Hill ?

I want to say its someone relatively tall since Jo said he can score on Bridges from Baylor with no problem.

UH is one of the 10 listed

18 Likes

Stretch 4 ?? :hushed:

Jarace Walker effect.

2 Likes

I don’t have a complaint about BJ’s comments, per se. But leaving the “f” out of twelfth twice in the same post should warrant some level of board hearing.

10 Likes

sustained

4 Likes

3 Likes

I think that would put twelfth in second place for longest word with only one vowel (not counting plurals), behind strength

2 Likes

Is he 6”10 though :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

This would be great however I see 2 issues. The first being that we don’t have a scholarship available for him and the second being that Sampson has been very vocal about not wanting to trust freshman. With 3 of our 5 bigs being Freshman I can’t see us filling that void with yet another freshman, seems like a portal big makes way more sense if/when a spot opens up. Just thinking out loud though

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/swishcultures_/status/1645146566330830848