2023 Transfer Portal

Dunn and then Cryer. Productive weekend I’d say.

Count me in the group that wants a Big with some offense that opponents needs to account for. Not just dunks and points off offensive rebounds but offensive moves to the basket.

4 Likes

Then do I have the guy for you!

15 Likes

11 Likes

Javier I don’t believe will or should ever start. I don’t see it.

2 Likes

I know the kid has not hit the transfer portal yet from I what I have been reading but could it just be that player the Coogs are waiting on is Cross from Tulane. That would be a dream come true!! Did I get this right joprior.

2 Likes

Really probably shouldn’t speculate about players not on the portal

Would be an amazing addition. True point forward.

Cross would be nice, but I doubt Samp wants to play the NBA Draft game again with a big.

1 Like

I will disagree. Damian Dunn was always the star for Temple and the main guy. Khalif Battle came along nicely this season but that did not change who was the main guy for Temple.

He was for sure the man when they beat us on our home floor. I remember being super impressed with him and wishing he was on our team.

Remember Carlton grabbing all those rebounds on his fingertips. Always a couple of finger joints above the opponent

7 Likes

Hunter Dickinson? He hasn’t chosen a school. Seems like he would be a good add - big and strong, shot blocker, shoots the three- good rebounder can score inside. I wonder if we just are not on his radar? Or if he isn’t on ours… Just curious what y’all think? Maybe I missed it in this thread…

1 Like

0 chance He is coming to UH

7 Likes

Hopefully, CKS has a big in his sights. They need more size.

1 Like

This brother is spitting that gospel

1 Like

battle took the most shots by a margin… and dunn was only doing about 10 per game the last 7 games before battle quit the team and battle was doing 25 per game in that same span ,and dunn went back to 20+ the last 5 games after battle quit

dunn started the year as the alpha at the start of the season when battle was coming off an season ending injury and working his way in for the 1st 3 games … remove the 1st 3 games and the last 5 games after battle quit (dunn did 25+ per in that stretch) but the middle 25 games hard to argue that battle wasnt the star as his counting stats were absurd. he had 2 different 6 game stretches of averaging 25+ and dunn was only 20+ twice in the 25 game stretch

if you were arguing that dunn was the "leader " of the team, id 100% agree… battle was a selfish ballhog, who quit the team because he felt the coach was limiting his minutes…but your point was the focus of the defense… and im not sure how it wasnt battle as he took the most shots, wasnt going to pass it, and made tough shots at an abnormaly high rate

Speaking of Battle seems like Arky is the fave

We can’t get a big man until we open up a scholarship.

2 Likes

Ive never seen someone take pesik to the cleaners…

This new guy is good yalllll

lol what gospel

OUR COACH: we do not care what the advanced stat folks say we are going to push our players to shoot mid ranges if they are good at it, we dont care how its reflected in the stats

player: shoots those mid ranges as instructed by the coaches {thus reflected in the stats}

you guys when the player leaves: look at the stats that say they are not efficient … their fault for taking that shot

you guys dont find that wierd!