Which Coogs are coming back?

Until they all start getting hurt again

1 Like

2nd round contracts are tricky to project. Can be guaranteed, partial guaranteed, or non-guaranteed. Additionally, there is no restriction on contract length. Current NBA minimum is around $1.1M to $1.2M. The kicker is 2nd round draft picks can also be offered two-way contracts, which are 50% of NBA minimum and are not guaranteed. Past couple of years most mid to late round 2nd round picks have gotten two-way contracts. However, the 52nd, 57th, and 58th picks last year got four year, $7.6M contracts with first year $1.1M guaranteed (57 & 58 also got 2nd year guaranteed). Every other pick after #40 either got a two-way or unsigned.

1 Like

According to gocoogs.com if Jamal comes back he could get $1 million + in NIL

3 Likes

never mind

2 Likes

Here is the link to the interview on XM radio.

1 Like

Emmanuel said straight up in an interview after the Duke game that heā€™s sad Shead went out like that since he wonā€™t be back. Iā€™m just not going to get my hopes up that Shead comes back. If he does, great. But I donā€™t expect it.

7 Likes

Iā€™m not going to get my hopes up eitherā€¦.but after the dust settles there is no telling what kind of conversations happen between Jamal and Coachā€¦.between Jamal and his family, etc.

He may decide he doesnā€™t want to leave with a bitter taste in his mouthā€¦.TF and others could make it worth his whileā€¦.

Honestly, what if CKS and big donors get together and say enough is enoughā€¦ā€¦and CKS handpicks a few portal guys and donors/NIL make sure we donā€™t lose any bidding wars.

Crazier things have happened.

3 Likes

I would be extremely please if the roster was exactly the same as this year.

Everyone would be better, with team chemistry improved.

I know this is not possible with the incoming recruits.

9 Likes

Could see roberts + tugler being a deadly combo.

3 Likes

Prior to Jamalā€™s injury, the only two things holding him back from a NBA career was his size, which he canā€™t change, and outside shot, which was inconsistent this year, but improving over previous years. Now he has to prove he is healthy. Shead will recover, but is it worth coming back just to work on his outside shot? A NBA PG runs the offense and distributes the ball to the playmakers. An outside shot is nice, and I think Sheadā€™s shot is just average, but I have seen a lot worse shooting from PGs in the NBA. In addition, Shead brings the defense every night, which canā€™t be said about most PGs.

3 Likes

Russell Westbrook and Ben Simmons come to mind. Both of those guys have other intangibles though, including better size.

1 Like

Agree. And to make matters worse, Westbrook is a volume shooter (or misser).

Dude has never lacked confidence. Thatā€™s for sure!

What is triggering Areceneux?

UH may be open to all the guys coming back. BUT if they have their degree and want to move on, I wish them the very best. If the NBA money is there, it would be foolish not to grab it.

2 Likes

Daniel, Daniel, Danielā€¦

3 Likes

Whatchu talkin bout, Willis?

4 Likes

Whatā€™s the latest on that Las Vegas $2 million play in tournament for next year that we were rumored to be in the running for? Any truth to that or did it fall through. That in itself would be a nice payday for guys looking to run it back.

Iā€™m very confident that L.J will be playing college basketball next season although he will probably go through the draft process to get feedback. The only question is if he will portal or not.

4 Likes

According to this article, looks like Shead isnā€™t coming backā€¦

Emanuel Sharp Says Jamal Shead Won't Return to Houston in 2024-25?