Which Coogs are coming back?

I remember in a media session that CKS said he kicked Dunn out of the first team practice in the first 15 minutes. Not being the first or second option on offense was a new role that he had to grow into and CKS is a demanding coach and probably asked Dunn to to things that he wasn’t expected to do at Temple

Sorry. I meant elite scorers. Shot-creaters. Your future projection is depressing. We can get elite talent. We landed Walker and Miller. Not sure why the expectation is to settle for projects.

1 Like

Dunn chose UH to improve his skills with a proven program and possibly go to the NBA draft. Dunn got what he signed up for. He is still a work in progress. He had trouble adapting to a different style. Better that happens in college than the NBA.

But if he keeps putting up big numbers at temple isn’t his nba path easier - not performing well at UH raises the red flags

1 Like

While we all have questions about who’s going and who’s returning and there are so many variables, including some we don’t even know about, it makes my head swim. The only reassuring thing is I know Sampson knows all of his options and will make the best choice for the good of the team overall. This may include hard decisions on current players, which is a shame, but it’s the state of college basketball with the portal and NIL impacting everything. All we can do is wait and see.

4 Likes

I am holding the roster sheet they handed out at the game and there are only 15 names on the KU roster. We could go back and forth and neither will change our mind, so you think what you want.

1 Like

You can download the rulebook for 23-24 and search away. Unfortunately there is no clear limit in it.

My fellow Mike, thank you for showing the dignity and maturity of not doing the sophomoric pissing contest!

Now where is my damn emoji!

Kansas’ website shows 17 players on the roster.

NUMBER NAME POSITION HEIGHT WEIGHT CLASS HOMETOWN HIGH SCHOOL PREVIOUS SCHOOL
Charlie McCarthy Guard 6’2" 195 lbs. RS Sophomore Rancho Mirage, Calif. Shadow Hills HS
1 Hunter Dickinson Center 7’2" 260 lbs. Senior Alexandria, Va. DeMatha Catholic HS Michigan
3 Dajuan Harris Jr. Guard 6’2" 170 lbs. RS Senior Columbia, Mo. Rock Bridge HS
4 Justin Cross Guard 6’8" 200 lbs. Junior Oak Park, Ill. Oak Park River Forest HS John A. Logan College
5 Chris Carter Guard 6’4" 190 lbs. RS Freshman Indio, Calif. Shadow Hills HS Cal State Northridge
10 Johnny Furphy Guard 6’9" 202 lbs. Freshman Melbourne, Australia Centre of Excellence
11 Jamari McDowell Guard 6’4" 180 lbs. Freshman Houston, Texas Manvel HS
12 Wilder Evers Guard 6’4" 185 lbs. RS Freshman Birmingham, Ala. Oak Mountain HS
13 Elmarko Jackson Guard 6’3" 195 lbs. Freshman Marlton, N.J. South Kent School
14 Patrick Cassidy Guard 6’1" 185 lbs. Junior Columbus, Kan. Columbus Unified HS
15 Kevin McCullar Jr. Guard 6’7" 212 lbs. Graduate senior San Antonio, Texas Wagner HS / Texas Tech
20 Michael Jankovich Guard 6’4" 190 lbs. Graduate senior Dallas, Texas Northfield Mount Hermon [Mass.]
22 Dillon Wilhite Forward 6’9" 240 lbs. RS Sophomore San Diego, Calif. Cathedral Catholic HS
23 Parker Braun Forward 6’10" 235 lbs. Graduate senior Burlington, Kan. Blue Valley Northwest HS
24 KJ Adams Jr. Forward 6’7" 235 lbs. Junior Austin, Texas Westlake HS
25 Nicolas Timberlake Guard 6’4" 195 lbs. Graduate senior Braintree, Mass. Kimball Union Academy Towson
41 Zach Clemence Forward 6’11" 230 lbs. Junior San Antonio, Texas Sunrise Christian Academy [Kan.]

5 of those are listed as walk ons.

1 Like

That’s fine. They’re still players on the roster. The debate here isn’t about scholarship limits - it’s whether there’s an NCAA roster limit, which does not seem to be the case.

It’s pretty clear that a team is limited to 15 players on a particular game roster, but the team roster can have more than that.

2 Likes

You shut your mouth about Ramon!! Hahaha there is more to basketball than just scoring. He needs playing time he always hustles and gives his heart and soul to the team.

7 Likes

I just flagged your post.

Maybe mods will say it’s fine….i don’t think it is.

People complain about when posts get flagged and have no idea by who….thats why I am being open about it.

4 Likes

Ramon has made huge plays to win us games. That is with limited and inconsistent minutes. How many guys out there can keep their heads and able to do that?

9 Likes

lol it’s like you’re speaking Greek to them

I have no idea why my post so offensive to you. How about be transparent about why you flagged it?

Should we be talking about specific players losing the game for us or they should be run off?

I personally don’t think so.

4 Likes

A handful of years of success and one year into the Big 12, and many of our fans are already acting like entitled brats.

We lost Terrance Arceneaux (projected 1st Rounder in preseason) and JoJo Tugler for the year. We lost Ramon Walker for a month. We lost Jamal Shead for most of the Duke game. And we still almost won. You can go back and point fingers, but that loss is not on the players. The fact that we even kept it close given how banged up we were is amazing.

You realize these forums are public right? Keep in mind that these are kids we’re talking about. They chose to play for UH and gave it their all this season. They may not have played up to your expectations, but at the end of the day, sports don’t really matter.

17 Likes

some acting like Cow manure U fans.

4 Likes

I see Shead is being projected as a mid to late 2nd round pick so he may elect to stay. I remember hearing somewhere that his NIL was 600K and that was before some of the recent indorsements, so who knows maybe he comes back. Cryer is not projected to be drafted so good chance he comes back or transfers.
If we could get everyone back than that would be the ultimate revenge season.

6 Likes