Which Coogs are coming back?

He didn’t.

2 Likes

Yea that doesn’t make sense. Bc now he would be almost mentioning a certain player. Which he would never do before it’s official.

Sampson did say portal.

But Shead has yet to announce anything.

Why? What is there for him to think about? He is an All American and National DPOY.

How could he improve on that next season?

1 Like

Kelvin was pretty clear. It’s possible Shead had a change of heart but I wouldn’t bet on it.

1 Like

By winning a championship.

2 Likes

theoretically he could win national player of the year with edey gone and a happier ending in the tourney but neither of those will really move his needle in terms of how high he’ll be drafted imo

1 Like

How is NOBODY talking about Jamal’s outfit??? Cleaner danna bish…

#RealMenWearPink

Nate

That’s why dedan aint coming boys. The SHEAD is BACK!

3 Likes

I can’t read if you’re joking or not but why would Sampson say that the PG would be coming from the portal? Wouldn’t he just say that he isn’t sure yet or not give an answer?

I’ve seen a lot of people say Shead should leave now because his draft stock will never be higher. Is that a safe bet? Shead has a career FG% of 41.2 and a career 3pt % of 29.6

If he did come back and had the best offensive season of his career would it not be enough to move him into the late 1st round? I understand he’ll be a year older but whoever drafts him this year has to be somewhat concerned with if he’ll be able to shoot it well enough to make the pick worthwhile

He said we would get a PG from the portal. He did not say that would be our only PG. Even if Shead comes back (unlikely), Sampson would still want to add a PG to the program.

1 Like

Both dedan and wade have retracted from what all sources are saying.

Sampson interview could have been before Jamal had a change of heart.

The conspiracy theory can now be that those 2 aren’t coming because Jamal is coming back

#UnfinishedBusiness

1 Like

Which sources? The ones on this board? Selfishly, though, I do hope Jamal comes back, because that would be fun as a UH fan.

3 Likes

If Shead chooses to place a high enough priority on chasing the national championship with his buddies, that’s his choice. I have no idea how possible it is that he would think that way, but he’s his own man and it’s his prerogative.

It does have some compelling aspects as he obviously loves the team and…it is looking like he would be hard pressed to hope for a better roster/situation for that pursuit.

And yes, I understand that the money and/or nba-dream aspects are obviously highly compelling, especially if certain/sooner money is high on the list. That very well may be a higher priority for him, but I don’t assume it is for everyone.

So who knows. I will be happy for him either way.

1 Like

we can dream on Shead that would be incredible.

imagine this roster

PG - Shead - Goes without saying
SG - Cryer **** - money shot, winner!
SG - Sharp **** money shot and defense
SF - Arcenaux **** huge potential in all areas
PG - Jefferson - Backup PG
SG - Miller **** Redshirt but might be ready to score
SF - McCarty **** Redshirt?
G - Walker - plays with such heart, rebounding!!!
G- Wilson - made huge improvements

C - Francis - rim protector
PF - Roberts - post up like old school NBA
C - McFarland **** should be ready to play some
PF- Tugler **** could be a lottery pick someday

Imagine how competitive practice could be
can we have 13?

8 Likes

I’ve been saying this since Sampson said that!

The only reason I have a bit of hope for Shead coming back is that his NIL will likely pay more then his NBA contract

Thats kinda crazy UH can redshirt highly regarded 4 star players like Mercy and Chase. I get redshirting Jefferson and McFarland because theyre either too skinny or raw because they missed a whole year of basketball in HS.

But Mercy and Chase arent skinny whatsoever and they both play against great competition in HS, especially Chase at IMG Academy and did well.

And Mercy has a great skill in shooting!

5 Likes

It seems that red-shirting is becoming quite rare, if not nearly obsolete (except for injuries).

1 Like

Coogfans these days are unless you’re a 5 star player youre redshirting lol

3 Likes