Which Coogs are coming back?

I hope so. Dont want to get my hopes up.

1 Like

Curious. What NIL number makes another year with the Coogs better for Jamal than 2nd round and G league?

Youā€™re assuming itā€™s all about the money. Maybe there are other factors in his decision.

2 Likes

We could make the money work for one year, at least the most likely number.

That could cost him longer term though.

1 Like

Several variables are involved: The location, type, and extent of the injury and the repair, all determine how fast he comes back. On top of that, tendons donā€™t have a direct blood supply, so the healing process is slower. BUT heā€™s 20(?) and his metabolic rate is through the roof so who knows? He could be back ready to go.

Eli Tomac tore his achillies, and last week won a supercross at the highest level and was setting fast laps. Deonte Foreman was a shell of his former selfā€¦ I have noticed a much higher surgery success rate with whatever technique they are doing now

None

I loved McCray too but why just why not keeping two key Coogs players together? That makes no sense to me. These two players could have played with their eyes closed. On the flip side some might say that McCray had a great influence on Dream.

The technology and the improvements are amazing.

CKS says we may have 4 starters return.

https://twitter.com/BarstoolCoogs/status/1776463845747233084?t=g27nGey4dMUJ46Gvnex5wQ&s=19

3 Likes

I hope Cryer and Roberts return. I could see reasons why they would. Cryer needs to show he can be the guy. Roberts needs to show what he can do when he is healthy.

Then CKS finds a PG and we are the favorites to win it all.

1 Like

He said we have a good chance.

And he previously said he knew what all of them were doing.

5 Likes

Means the same to me.

Sharp, Roberts, Francis, and Cryer.

2 Likes

If thatā€™s true, and we bring a PG in from the Portal, that means two of the reserves are leaving to make room for Miller and McCarty. So two out of:

Wilson
Dunn
Tugler
Arceneaux
Walker
Lath
Jefferson
McFarland

Dunn already portalā€™d

probably Wilson if / when we bring in a PG

2 Likes

the full context of that quote is importantā€¦

his quote that we could have as many as 4 returning, not that we will have returning

full context was that we dont have players enter the transfer portalā€¦ they return or they are going to the NBA

its more of a statement that jwan and cryer arent entering the portalā€¦its not an indication they wont turn pro

1 Like

Full context is that he noted we are likely to have 4 returning starters.

the question was about why we are so strong and his answer was about how we are a developmental programā€¦ his answer was that we could have 4 back, and if they leave they will leave for the NBA, not the portal. his point was that we get them young and keep them till they are oldā€¦ i dont think his intent was to make a hard and fast declaration on who is returning, but simply stating how we keep winningā€¦ we knew jwan and lj likley werent going into the portal

You crack me up Pesik.

1 Like