Which Coogs are coming back?

But nothing Ramon has said indicates any of that, purely your own speculation

1 Like

i neve said he was leavingā€¦ even that other thread, i note him and jefferson are my 50/50 based on maybe wanting a bigger roleā€¦ if anything 100% guaranteed returning is speculation. but you arent calling that out

at the end of the day, saying a 3rd year player about to enter his 4th, averaging 10minutes a game, no indication of massive upgrade/or starting role coming. who was once named the best player in Houston, should be a player that should probably be on a transfer watchlist ā€¦ the idea that we cant speculate with what we know makes no sense

2 Likes

It was all foretold in the Book of Sampson.

3 Likes

Iā€™m just saying its pure speculation on your part, plus you wanted him to transfer last year so its seems like something your pushing

2 Likes

I would be very surprised if Ramon ever left UH. Like I said he is at the point where he will accept any role given to him. If he needs to come in he will, if he sits on the bench heā€™ll cheer on his teammates. I think he understands that his pro prospects wonā€™t change if he leaves. Letā€™s say he averages 10 points in the A10 vs playing here and just being a culture guy. I donā€™t really think that changes anything. Chaney averaged 4 points and 2.9 rebounds a game and he was set to play pro in Greece. And he only played an average of 12 minutes his last two years here.

Not saying itā€™s right or wrong to keep him. He and Sampson have an understanding of his role. I like him on the team and heā€™s a good depth piece to have. we would still have enough scholarships to go around. The only reason he would leave would be because he is asked to. Which I donā€™t think Sampson would ever do.

4 Likes

Iā€™m pretty sure when we thought Dedan was coming and we needed a spot Pesik said we should keep Ramon over Mylik and I said opposite. Heā€™s just speculating. What else do we have to do right now. Nothing nefarious about it.

2 Likes

Yall forget how lucrative our NIL deals are getting it is probably a pretty nice payday to be a roll player for us.

2 Likes

This isnā€™t a daycare we need guys who can play

1 Like

Do we beat A&M without Ramon?

14 Likes

did you just make this up??? we had an open ship most of the offseason last year ā€¦ mylik was in the portal didnt announce he was back till lateā€¦ we had freeships why would i be calling for anyone to go in the portal???
AFTER the season started i mentioned it would have been better for him to have entered the portal because he was so far down the depth chartā€¦ but that was a not last year and more of a statement looking out for him, that he would add value somewhere

im not even calling for him to be pushed out nowā€¦

you are the one that has gone full agenda pushing now

Now youā€™re just being a jerk and itā€™s uncalled for. How many players do you think wouldā€™ve soured in for that offensive rebound to put us up 5 with a minute left?

something that odds tho

we are 2 players over the limit as isā€¦we have with 5 wings on roster (only 1 true pg- likely to leave)ā€¦there are multiple touted wings saying we are recruiting them ā€¦
but some folks are being defensive for speculating some of the wings on our roster might leave

we cant keep everyone, not every recruit is lyingā€¦ no one is guaranteeing anyone is leavingā€¦ but with what information is out there speculating on dunn, ta, ramon leaving shouldnt be attacked, this is just the information we have for now

3 Likes

imo TA leaving is much more of a possibility than Ramon. Just my thought. It is strange that we have reached out to so many wings when a ball handling guard is our biggest need right now. Maybe a depth replacement for Dunn thoughā€¦ But McNeeley would start. although itā€™s unlikely we get him but itā€™s the thought of recruiting a starter level wing.

But maybe itā€™s also because TA wouldnā€™t be ready until November. So heā€™ll miss all the august, September, October basketball practices.

So you have said it would be better for him to transfer, glad you have clarified that point. So once again your speculation seems to be your perspective you are putting on Ramon. While he serms very happy to be a Coog

Do you feel attacked?

@Cougardue Iā€™m not sure why you are so mad. Like he saidā€¦ heā€™s going off trends and possibilities. and just speculating what the offseason could entail. He never said anything derogatory about Ramon.

Speculating is what makes the offseason so fun. This is a message board after all where the most crazy locked in fans talk.

3 Likes

he also took a mental health break from the team mid season when sharp first jumped him in the depth chartā€¦

but okayā€¦ sure

2 Likes

Damn attacking mental health to make your point. But ikay sure

Who is mad? Thatā€™s funny to me. And i didnā€™t attack anyone. We can speculate and thst speculation will get called out. Such is a message board