UH Bars - Houston Suburbs

Hoping we can gather all information here (maybe even sticky this thread) for all UH bars in the major Houston suburbs that host official/unofficial UH watch parties or at least where fans consistently gather. I don’t assume we have a huge fanbase in all of the areas below, but we can update this periodically as our Coog fanbase grows over the years.

West

• Sugar Land
  • Stafford
  • Missouri City
  • Greatwood
  • Richmond
  • Rosenberg
  • Spring Branch
    – Pluckers Memorial City - 10407 Katy Fwy, Houston, TX 77024
  • Cinco Ranch
  • Katy
    – Big City Wings - 3815 W Grand Pkwy N ste 150, Katy, TX 77449
  • Cypress
  • Jersey Village

North

• Magnolia
  • Tomball
  • The Woodlands
  • Spring
  • Aldine
  • Humble
  • Atascocita
  • Porter
  • New Caney

East

• Channelview
  • La Porte
  • Baytown
  • Deer Park
  • Pasadena

South

• Webster, Friendswood, League City, Clear Lake
    – Texas Huddle - 803 E NASA Pkwy Suite 100, Webster, TX 77598
  • Texas City
  • Galveston
  • Alvin
  • Pearland
  • Manvel
  • Angleton
  • Lake Jackson
  • Freeport

Further Out

• Dallas
  • Fort Worth
  • Waco
  • Killeen
  • Temple
  • Austin
  • Bastrop
  • San Antonio
  • College Station
  • Corpus Christi
  • Victoria
  • Beaumont
  • Port Arthur
  • Lake Charles
  • Lafayette
  • Baton Rouge
  • New Orleans
5 Likes

Add Spring Branch.
Not really the ‘burbs but there’s usually a pretty good crowd at Pluckers Memorial City, and the games are usually on at lazy oaks beer garden at Conrad Sauer and Longpoint

5 Likes

Good job fellow Coog !

1 Like

Bump for Game 1 viewership!

Lil Woodrows is a big supporter of UH and does NIL with UH players. If one of them is close, send some business their way.

10 Likes

League City/Clear Lake
– Texas Huddle on NASA Road One, https://texashuddle.com/, Great spot for a game.

Galveston Bay Brewing in Clear Lake Shores (near Kemah) has tons of TVs and good beer, but unsure of how their college football viewing will go. They show all Astros games, though.

1 Like

Bump!

Come on y’all, need more suggestions. Even if there aren’t existing UH bars/sports bars that just means we need to convert some. This is only going to help build more excitement about UH athletics and even create more “T-Shirt Fans” that will attend games and contribute to NIL.

It might help to just list which area you’re in from the list above (or add one thats missing) so you can match with others in your area and decide on a place to watch regularly. You may need to talk to the owner/manager to make sure they’re playing our games.

I’ll go first. I’m in Katy, near Elyson. Anyone else?

***Edit: anyone know of an app/website that could help with matching people up? (Keep it on topic y’all, sheesh)

Any in the La Grange/Smithville/Bastrop area?
Too many Ags and Horns around here!

1 Like

Any Academy’s or other athletics stores near you? How’s the merch look there? I doubt Bastrop is gonna have any UH gear unfortunately, but hope that changes soon.

Halfway through football season, Academy in Bastrop had (2) UH T-shirts, both medium. They wouldn’t fit me but bought them any way as stocking stuffers.

2 Likes

East End Backyard on Sampson (Scott) and Lamar shows lots of UH events (and hosts some as well).

6 Likes

Someone actually doing something about UH’s fan base.

AMAZING!

1 Like

Try Hooters

I’ve had luck watching the Coogs on the ESPN+ channels at Hooters! They have the budget to pay for that sports channel. Wingstop, buffalo wings, etc. don’t pay extra for the ESPN+ sports channel. So, until UofH gets its act together to become the leader of the Big XII pack… we are going to have to find Bars that pay extra for the sports channels because we won’t we seen on free TV until we play some teams that can carry us there.

2 Likes

Senate Avenue Brewing in Jersey Village. It’s not an official Coog meetup place, but I’ve watched numerous games there and I know the owner, so I can assure whatever game we’re trying to watch will be on.

6 Likes

RGV??

1 Like

Not really Coog bar, but Press Box on the island is a good place to watch a game on the island.

Sugar Land is Brickhouse Tavern.

Honestly, I prefer at home.

2 Likes

Home is nice and comfy (and cheap), but gathering with other fans to me is a way of helping out the school. Others at the venue will see big groups of fans cheering and that leaves lasting impressions and gets non-fans interested in keeping up with our program.

3 Likes

Craft 96 and J. Henry’s are owned by a GREAT Coog and my basketball season ticket partner, John Amato. J. Henry’s is located on Clear Lake City Blvd near Hwy 3 in Clear Lake, and there are two Craft 96 locations: OG Craft 96 at 2575 Hwy 96 near South Shore Blvd in League City, and the newest location in Mont Belvieu at 9209 Eagle Dr off of I-10.

Each location has between 30 and 60 rotating craft beer taps, a great wine selection, and tremendous food.

Craft 96 Draught House + Kitchen

J. Henry’s (jhdraughthouse.com)

5 Likes

Oh wow, I got Craft 96 a lot and didn’t know he was a Coog.

6 Likes

Hilton school grad. Great guy, and huge Cougar sports fan, especially basketball.

7 Likes