UH Bars - Houston Suburbs

Anyone know who’s in charge of merchandise and retailer relations at UH?

I live in Copperfield. Wife and I really like going to Senate. Good to know Coog games are put on TV’s. May catch a basketball game at some point this season.

3 Likes

I’m in CL as well.

As some mentioned, J. Henry’s is cool, with Rosewater down the road for after the game.

Bolt House off NASA 1 works with their customers well.

I believe Boondoggles and Galveston Bay Brewing have the largest potential for Coog games in the Clear Lake area.

1 Like

J henrys is damn good

1 Like

Very good thread.
I am not on the D/FW UH board anymore, so I don’t make the call for game watching anymore. But, the Sheels in the Colony has upgraded in UH gear. When I am in Houston, it is to go to a game. Coming in for UH/A$M.

1 Like

Does anyone go to any good Sports Bar in Cypress for Coogs gms. I have great setup at Home but willing to go out n watch Road Basketball gm on occasion

1 Like

Texans Huddle on NASA Road 1 in Webster is a great spot for games. Lots of TV and beer and they always change the channel when I request

1 Like

The misses and I were in Fredericksburg the day of the Cincy game. Went to a bar called Cultures on the main drag to watch the game. About 10 :tv: in a relatively small place. They put UH game on for us on one :tv:.

Lots of annoying horn tigger and Aggie fans watching their crap.

Sat at the bar next to wasted dude and his wife. Guy was slurring badly drinking Jack Daniel and coke. He thought the Old Fashions I was drinking were “fancy”.

Found one kindred spirit wearing a UH hat. We were lamenting the state of UH football. Anyways it was a good bar to hang out. Decent food too.

4 Likes

Demeris on 610 (NW H-town), Valencia’s Tex Mex Garage on 34th St (NW H-town) and any Floyd’s Seafood locations . . . . . invite your friends and stir up some noise . . . . .

3 Likes

Live in the Spring/Klein area and there are lots of coogs out here-they put their flags outside to p.o. the farmers and cows. A sports bar here could make a killin’ if they played coogs games for us. Alas, more cows and farmers so end of discussion.

Couldn’t you meet the manager of your favorite local bar and ask them if they would hang a UH flag (that you can provide) and coordinate with them to show UH games?

Then post the watch party info here and on other Coog boards?

Sometimes it takes someone to make the first step. I have to believe that’s how several other college bars start.

Good luck!

2 Likes

If you’re in the Kingwood area or Magnolia area, check out The Draft. Coog owners. Bryan and Huy class of 1996. Great food, great draft beer selection. (Ask for the Vietnamese eggrolls, not on the menu but IYKYK)

Go Coogs!

1 Like

BUMP! Keep 'em coming!

I’m working on a map with all of these locations pinned. So far I’m using Google “My Maps”, but sharing it would show my personal information. Anyone have a better idea?

1 Like

All good choices for the area. Add Wakefield Crowbar for the area, great supporter for Coog games.

4 Likes
1 Like

Man where is that? I used to live not too far from there. My wife grew up in that area (Spring Woods Tiger!).

This is the reason why we won’t get any entertainment or dining options around UH because majority of our fans drive in from the suburbs lol

Nobody will open up a business because of no consistent revenue stream during the week and summer months.

https://maps.app.goo.gl/JDQ3jvMCSgGUW2mR7?g_st=ic

It used to be a food mart. I went in there once to get a soda and the Dr Pepper can I picked up had Batman Returns promos on the can… this was 10 years ago mind you. Lazy Oaks is a big improvement! Also try Cobble and Spoke, great selection of niche beers.

https://maps.app.goo.gl/ajBHFK4pa5GrF2iH9?g_st=ic

2 Likes

Alright y’all! This week is the start of Conference play for our Basketball team. I know this is the football board, but we gotta start setting the culture for our team that is already successful!

Saturday, January 6th: #3 UH hosts WVU, tipping off at 1:00pm. The game will be on ESPN+ (booo), so be sure to call your local bar and make sure they will be playing the game (and encourage them to subscribe to ESPN+ if they haven’t already).

1 Like

The new Little Woodrow’s (a UH sponsor) in Webster has so many TVs it’s crazy, and it’s massive. The outdoor area has three large screens. Almost like you’re at a drive-in movie.

The newly opened McIntyre’s on NASA 1 has a similar big open area and large screens.

So many great places to watch games in Clear Lake/League City now with Little Woodrow’s, McIntyre’s, Boomerjack’s opening soon, Texans Huddle, Galveston Bay Brewing, etc.

2 Likes