UH 2025 Recruiting

I said last season I’d love to have a 6’ guy who throws darts.

Give me players who have desire and heart. Those players generally make great teammates and push their fellow teammates. If they win a starting job, they make great team leaders.

1 Like

His offer list: Arkansas state, Army, Colorado state, Dartmouth, Cornell, Houston Christian, incarnate word, Jackson state, Louisiana Lafayette, Louisiana Monroe, Marshall, McNeese state, navy, north Texas, Pennsylvania, rice, Sam Houston State, Texas State, Tulsa, UNLV and Utep.

Houston is the best offer by far athletically. Good for him.

2 Likes

I can definitely appreciate a kid with multiple ivy/service offers. It never hurts to have a guy like that in the locker room

2 Likes

They can thank him for his “almost” service.

3 Likes

As someone who was at Fort Benning only a few days before I was told to go home, I feel this post :laughing:

1 Like

Not sure if this is a dig at my post, but I only meant that you have to be smart and have good leadership qualities to be offered by service academies.

2 Likes

Didn’t mean as a dig. Just me being a smartass. I agree.

If he can throw the long ball he will be perfect for the play action pass game Coach Fritz likes to run. I was watching Michael Pratt highlights when CWF first got hired and they hit a ton of big pass plays the past couple of years.

Uh oh.

If the services are listing him at 5’10”, then he might really be more like 5’8”.

I hope he is the Doug Flutie type!

2 Likes

Very fast and elusive runner who is strong enough to break tackles. He has a good arm and quick release, and throws well (see his jr HUDL highlights). I know the knock, several commentors have him switching positions because they apparently feel that short QBs don’t do well here, oh wait, Greg Ward was 5’10".

2 Likes

If we was 6=3 he would be a five star and recruited by all the bluebloods as Law would call them lol…

2 Likes

He’s 5’ 10"

2 Likes

Bingo!!!

NBA does that all the time w/socks!!!

It’s like Jamal Shead. He was listed on UH’s athletic website as 6’1".

When the NBA measured him, he was in fact 6’0".

If an athlete is listed at 5’10" in high school or college…it’s highly probable that you can take at least an inch off that in reality.

I remember we had a basketball player when I was in law school at UH in the mid 90s named Tommy Davis. He was listed in the programs at 5’8". Basically a Spud Webb type.

However, I ran into him at the McDonald’s on campus once, and was standing almost right beside him.

He was no taller than 5’6", in reality.

1 Like

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/the-forensic-view/202305/how-good-are-eyewitnesses-at-estimating-height

Interesting.

Nice jump for Travis Buhake. Now rated a 4star by 247

13 Likes

Buhake is now our 1st four star recruit!

7 Likes

He’ll probably play better now.

7 Likes