UH 2025 Recruiting

Destiny!

https://247sports.com/Player/brendon-rice-46135744/

2 Likes

Another D-line commit, 6-4 250

https://247sports.com/Player/DK-Mays-46144442/

Had offers from A&M, TCU, GTech, Mizzou, Miss St., etc.

38 Likes

This looks like a tremendous commit! Look at his other offers!

Does Coach Fritz know the ship has sailed on Recruiting?

5 Likes

24 Likes

Hopefully we get the North Shore OL that’s still out there. :sunglasses:

7 Likes

Future looks bright!

I tend to roll and find more reliable, Rivals rankings over anything else and while Fritz is doing incredible you want to see a really nice class? Check out UCF & SMU. We’ll get there no doubt with this staff just sayin.

3 Likes

I graduated from Central HS in 1965. It’s in a new location about a half mile from the old building which was outgrown.

2 Likes

I like relentless.

1 Like

Was listening to Coach Fritz’s B12 Media Day interview and was struck by a comment he made. He said he put 17 guys in the NFL while he was at Tulane and for 12 of them, Tulane was their only D1 offer. Says a lot about CWF’s ability as a talent evaluator and as a player developer. Just something to chew on while we wait to see how our recruiting cycle goes.

Full interview here for anyone that’s interested

17 Likes

This is the reason Wes Fritz will be in an NFL front office when his dad retires.

8 Likes

He also said he’s trying to win right away, “I don’t have 3 years to win, we have to win now”

5 Likes

He talks like Sampson.

My favorite Sampson line: “Last time I checked were still keeping score right?”

He was tried of people acting like we couldn’t hang in the big 12. Fritz’s has the same mindset. Yall are low on us but we aren’t low on ourselves. Big difference between him and Dana because Dana often times had a quitters mentality. Wasn’t great at getting his guys to believe, he never sounded confident. Just happy to be there. Thats why Dana never could beat teams he wasn’t supposed to. And Fritz’s comes into TDECU with a 3rd string QB and kicks our butts

5 Likes

Feeling good about Johnson tomorrow
https://x.com/thegoar4/status/1811843585681097200?s=46&t=vr92CENP84_1akCtfW3ehQ
https://x.com/thegoar4/status/1811826465937170467?s=46&t=vr92CENP84_1akCtfW3ehQ

5 Likes

Houston is the perfect college destination for Louisiana recruits. For many, it’s close to home (family can drive to the game) but also not too close to home. It’s also, in my opinion, the best somewhat local option for Louisiana recruits not recruited heavily by LSU.

It drove me crazy that the previous staff could not/or did not recruit Louisiana. If the young man commits to us tomorrow, I think that will be the 6th high level recruit from that state under the new staff that is just getting started. For those curious, I don’t think the previous staff signed a high schooler from Louisiana since the 2020 class.

7 Likes

Louisiana recruiting under the previous regime was sorely lacking. The only true LA high school recruit of note that I can think of was Christian Trahan. Sed Williams is from LA but I believe he was recruited from Kilgore JC.

The good news is Coach Fritz is well connected in LA and if LSU can’t take a blue chipper, Fritz will know about him.

5 Likes

Kyle Johnson posted on X he will make his decision at 4:30 PM, 7/13/24.

1 Like

He has two crystal balls for Mississippi State.

:frowning_face:

I have to again say that I find the Fritz recruiting to be amazing.

He seems to use the successful Yeoman method. Works hard at it. Makes sales calls to every single High School that might have a Division 1 prospect. Greater Houston, East Texas, Louisiana, then the other Texas areas.

Talent is everywhere. Call on them. Make the pitch. Get them to visit.

Not to beat the really dead horse but it is obvious that a certain previous staff did not do the work.

And a certain A.D. was supposed to be supervising this staff. The staff goes away. 6 months later their Supervisor goes away. Connect the dots.

Congrats Coach Fritz and Staff!!

4 Likes

Coach Yeoman was a very smart man
when he hired one Elmer Redd from Lufkin the Coogs immediately became a big player in East Texas. Guys like Hurt, Robertson, Sides, Willingham were all great on the recruiting trails also

8 Likes