UH 2025 Recruiting

His head coach has a better than 50% chance of being fired after the season. He may go shopping after this season.

4 Likes

We also lost Blackwell and Almanza to Baylor, too!!!

Blackwell was always considered a BU or TT lean
He chose to stay home. He would have been a nice get for us . Hopefully we are closing in on some “bigger fish” than Almanza

With the number of transfers every year and the grass always looking greener at other schools, I hope UH maintains a good relationship with recruits they lose out on by wishing them good luck at their new school. This year’s lost recruit could be next year’s starter at UH. Recruit with class and always keep your options open.

5 Likes

I think our Coach Fritz is that kind of man and coach !
Go Coogs !

3 Likes

Yeah, on paper Jacob Bradford is a better CB recruit than Almanza. We also got the juco corner, Jayden Lawson, and we have a pretty good shot to sign Kyle Johnson, who’s almost a four-star and the #12 player in Louisiana.

3 Likes

3265 kids went shopping this last season. Up from 2689 in 2023. Which was up from 2269 in 2022. Which was up from just under a thousand in 2021. Chances are a big chunk of everyone we recruited may test the portal waters as well. Just part of the system now.

A lot of those guys are told to go shopping.

6 Likes
1 Like

So, what was UH rank and comment highlights.

doesn’t really tell you anything you don’t already know from looking at the 247 Team Rankings
(All rankings are from the 247Sports Composite updated through July 2.)

Probably would have gotten them if we still had Dana

one more year and Dana would have had the train rollin’!

1 Like

Current rank is at 42 overall, with 15 commitments rated.

1 Like

DK Mays from LA may commit to UH tomorrow so we may be back on that train.

2 Likes

A kid from Los Angeles, cool. A quick reminder, LA is Los Angeles and La is Louisiana.

1 Like

What are the official initials for Louisiana?

LA I believe

2 Likes

LA is correct for Louisiana. Using La instead does help to distinguish but LA is also correct.

https://www.faa.gov/air_traffic/publications/atpubs/cnt_html/appendix_a.html

2 Likes

It’s correct for both - LA can be used for both Los Angeles and the abbreviation for Louisiana. I’ve always been taught to write the state abbreviation in all caps.

1 Like

Facts. I’m just writing it how reporters write it down.