Transfer portal Opens back up until April 30th

“Houston offensive line transfers Cam’Ron Johnson and Trevonte Sylvester are set to visit Colorado this weekend, sources tell On3.”

50 + players from CU in the portal.

“I’m not sure he knew the names of half the kids he got rid of,”

1 Like

Wow!! “50+ CU players in the portal.”
To me, that sounds like a whole lot of kids not buying in to prime time.

No, it sounds like Mr. Prime just has a lot of money to throw around on better players. I’m betting that McCaskill winds up there.

And Prime won’t know the name of 50 of his players when the year starts.
I can guarantee if Colorado has any success it won’t be about the players, all the praise will go to coach Prime.

1 Like

Former Coog Lance Robinson committed to Louisville

1 Like

2 Likes

Who are we going to get to replace Alton and suggestions? It seems the other top rated guys have already made the transfer.

We have a nice mix of guys now at RB. OL may be more pressing need.

5 Likes

We already have the guys to replace Alton. Take your pick between Jenkins, Sneed, Sanford, or Campbell. I was very happy with Sneed last year and with an improved OL, I think he can surprise a lot of people. Jenkins has all of the tools and was higher rated coming out of high school than AMc and I think he is faster.

4 Likes

Red, come on. You know we are doomed. Dont go spreading hope. This board lives off of despair.

3 Likes

Will Sanford play as a true freshman? I also wonder how Parker will adjust to the Big 12 as a true freshman. He has the tools but losing an experienced back like Alton, who I think is a level above all of them, is quite a set back.

Don’t sleep on former 4 star USC RB Transfer, Brandon Campbell.

He’s experienced, and did really well for us as a power runner imo (see game against TxTech). It sucks that CDH benched him after he fumbled the ball against Navy last season, then he got hurt and Dana didn’t play him much towards the end.

With Sneed, Campbell & Jenkins, I think it’ll make a good 1, 2, 3 Punch Combo.

Now it’s a wait-and-see with the Offensive Line. :grimacing:

1 Like

If Sneed can stay un-concussed, he’s a better RB than Campbell.

I see so much whining and moaning about McCaskill leaving, but running back is the most easily replaceable position. McCaskill ran for 960 yards as a freshman, at 5.1 yards a pop. Sneed and Campbell combined for 935 yards at 5.3 ypc. Neither are the short yardage back Alton was, but we’ll be fine. We replaced 90% of his production in 2022, plus bring in Parker, who was rated higher than Alton in high school. Maybe that had something to do with his decision to leave. If he wants to go to the NFL, he needs to rack up stats. That might be hard to do in such a crowded backfield.

1 Like

I would assume that Sanford will play as a freshmen for at least the 4 games that would not burn his redshirt.

1 Like

Chayse 2 Texas State.

I was only thinking that Snead and Campbell could not stay on the field. Campbell put the ball on the ground several times last year. I liked Campbell more than McCaskill but could not stay healthy. I am not doom and gloom. I believe the current roster can win 8 games. AMc gave more options since the RBs cannot stay healthy.

4 Likes

Another guy leaving our OL to play for a lower rated school; another example of our OL upgrade.

2 Likes

I hope you are including AMc in that statement since he was out last season with an injury.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/on3sports/status/1651961899427282945?s=46&t=4v1wxpQjd126Ev8eqa8FhQ

Casey thompson back in the portal after spring ball. He would be a great 3rd guy in the room who could come compete for the job in fall camp

4 Likes