Transfer portal Opens back up until April 30th

And reps.

1 Like

I don’t disagree with what you said, Mike. There are plenty of talented players at G5 schools. The bottom line is, I want to see improvement on the OL going into a B12 schedule. No more excuses.

If it turns out the two kids from from FIU are talented, great. I hope that’s the case. Just going off of the video of the game FIU played against UTSA, it appears their o-line got destroyed. Is that an indication of talent CDH is bringing in? UTSA was good, but not THAT good.

It’s not conditional, and he was offered.

Nate

1 Like

Nate, has Chayse changed his mind and is staying?

Team # 4.
No pass attempts at Memphis. 9 at N TX.
Did not see that after playing well considering AZ horrible under Sumlin.
https://247sports.com/Article/North-Texas-QB-Grant-Gunnel-enters-NCAA-Transfer-Portal-Ex-Arizona-Memphis-QB-seeking-fourth-stop-of-career-208907139/

Silly argument I think but the TT OL was not a good one.
I will be honest that I never completely bought into Tune. He had talent and could be as accurate as any in certain situations. However you could confuse him and he lacked vision and instincts in the pocket. I grew very frustrated with him holding the ball and not pulling the trigger.
Smith has all the tools to be very good but no way of knowing until we see him running the offense.

1 Like

Accurate. The Tech OL was the worst they’ve had in years, and they haven’t had a good one in about a decade.

Hudson picked up a Tech offer.

https://twitter.com/King_Hudson2/status/1650927543036289036

Nice pick up for TCU
Pro Football Focus First-Team All-Pac-12 in 2021.
15 total starts for Beavers.
Not surprised if he beats out Chandler Morris.

Throwing numbers at it like UH.
Tech house cleaning your 3 deep at OL.
At least 4 IOL and 3 OTs in the portal.

As of right now, none of the Tech OL in the portal were going to be in their two-deep. They have 5 freshmen signed in the '23 class and they want to redshirt all of them. Tech is right up against the 85-man limit and need an older OT for depth.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/chris_hummer/status/1650595280843055106?s=46&t=vr92CENP84_1akCtfW3ehQ
Houston kid. Would 100% take him

1 Like

Nope. He is a low football IQ QB. Told that to the coach at AZ who was recruiting him. He told me I was crazy. Didn’t take him long to realize it.

Isn’t there a rule you can only transfer once or no?

Only once unless you get a waiver. Not many will be refused. Graduates can transfer, too, at any time.

1 Like

I don’t think that rule applies if you’re a grad transfer.

1 Like

Right. You can exhaust your transfer(s) and still have one left upon graduation. And the portal and signing dates don’t matter. From the NCAA website:

Student-athletes who will enroll at another school after graduating are now allowed to enter the Transfer Portal at any time, the Division I Council decided during its virtual meeting Wednesday.

On Aug. 31, the Division I Board of Directors adopted new transfer rules — effective immediately — that required student-athletes to enter the Transfer Portal during sport-specific transfer windows.

After today’s Council action, student-athletes who plan to compete the following year as postgraduate students are exempt from those windows. Today’s action does not exempt the students from implications associated with the decision to enter the Transfer Portal, including the reduction or cancellation of athletics financial aid for their next academic term.

2 Likes

We need some big transfer news ASAP. We have way too many spots to fill

1 Like

We have time, the fact that the portal closes on the 30th is only for entering the portal, once in the portal you have until the season starts to pick up a player from the portal.

Heard rumor Chayse Todd going to going to Texas State. Former Coog is the Oline coach

Another case of a Coog hitting the portal to transfer to a lower rated school. Another indication that we are upgrading the OL.

1 Like