Sampson-Mccasland Tech Candidates

That’s right. I forget it’s different in Basketball.

As with Ray Meyer and Joey at DePaul, Kellen will step in when Kelvin retires!

1 Like

Kellen taking the Tech job or any job would be a huge gamble for him. If he does not meet expectations then who is to say we would want to bring him back to be the coach here after his dad retires. We might just take a candidate that did better than him.

2 Likes

I hear Dickie is available.

If he waits for his dad to retire, on the other hand, he’s going to have some pretty heavy expectations to win immediately. That’s a lot of pressure on a first-time head coach. Plus, if you’re gonna be a college coach you kinda have to be the type of person to bet on yourself.

1 Like

Josh Pastner just got canned…he’s available

1 Like

I think Tech is riskier than waiting here. Think of how many sports coaches have their problems out there.The place is depressing.

It would be a huge gamble for the program also. Kellen has no previous experience.
Personally I think he will be here and take over when dad retires.

1 Like

Kellen has a shorter uphill climb at UH as head coach. The culture is already in place. Going to a new school and instituting a culture takes at least 2 years. Then there is weeding out players that do not believe in your culture. Then there is recruiting west Texas.

No doubt in my mind Kellen is better staying at UH.

The only things to do in Lubbock are to do drugs and or coeds.

1 Like

Yep.

Have cousins in old Lubbz, can confirm…if their anecdotes are to be believed.

Hopefully with much better results.

ETA: Joey didn’t do a bad job.

1 Like

I would be sad to lose Kellen, but I’d be happy for him if that’s what he wanted to do.

1 Like