Sampson-Mccasland Tech Candidates

2 Likes

Haha! What are the odds Kellen would take a job where he has to compete directly with his dad?

7 Likes

If I were TT, I would go after a proven head coach. They want to be big time, so it would seem they would want to go after someone who has a track record.

1 Like

high if they are serious about it… kellen wont turn down a high major job…

3 Likes

“It’s possible that Sampson waits until his father retires and takes over at Houston, but this could be an attractive marriage for him and the Red Raiders.”

If it were me, that would be the dream.

If Kellen gets the job, I wish him the very best of luck and hope he loses 3 games a year.

11 Likes

They said Kellen won’t turn down a high major job but why? In a few years he has one of the highest major jobs locked up. If he left what would happen when Kelvin retired? Would he come back or would we find someone else?

He’s already locked in on the culture and has family and is settled. He could turn this into a powerhouse for decades. How can you pass that up?

2 Likes

Texas Tech due to Beard success is not a great job for a 1st time head coach.

The fans have huge expectations. Basically NCAA tournament every year expectations

3 Likes

texas tech doesnt cement his feet… he will have the option to come back if thats what he wants … not unless sampson has secretly told him he is retiring after next season i doubt he turns down a tech level job

2 Likes

Or…he goes the Tech for 5 years and learns how to be a HC.

Then he takes the UH job when his dad retires.

The 5 years is a guess on how many more years CKS wants to coach.

Family businesses do this all the time- they send the son/daughter out to get experience outside of the family company

1 Like

don’t necessarily disagree with this approach

2 Likes

Tech is definitely a tricky job and Beard made it look easier than it is. The Big 12 is tough and now its adding UH & Cincy to the league.

1 Like

He should go and experience it by himself and see how it goes. If he does well, it would be bad for us because we would not have a coach in waiting. If he does bad he got the experience. Which is key for taking over for his dad. But also, I’m sure the experience he’s getting right now is amazing

strong list

Kellen is going to be a great head coach, Tech would be lucky to have him

I don’t see Buzz Williams leaving A&M especially when he’s just now starting to get some traction in the SEC. They cited lack of resources compared to Tech, but once he starts winning consistently I think those resources will start pouring in.

they will hire Grant McCasland

3 Likes

You don’t think our fans would continue to have great expectations?
Tech has the money and the facilities and if they offer it will close to impossible to turn down.

I don’t think I would want to be constantly compared to my soon-to-be hall of fame dad at every turn. But maybe that’s just me.