Tugler is going to play a lot

6 Likes

100%

1 Like

Tbh he looks the same as last year

1 Like

9 Likes

Yeah
 With Roberts probably playing PF to enhance his professional stock, i would had loved to add a Nelson type signing to not put pressure on the kids even though they’re talented.

Dang I spent all day at work reading the football b12 expansion crap and forgot about this. I was off work at the perfect time too.

3 Likes

Enjoyed the scrimmage. Sasser, Fabian, Galen, Dejuan, Kyler, Josh Carlton, Corey Davis were all there. The players who seem to be heading in the right direction are :- Cryer, Dunn, Arceneaux, Mylik Rose (solid defender), Tugler, Sharp. Shead seems like a man among boys.

2 Likes

Mylik Rose ?!?

1 Like

Really please with what I saw from Tugler. He looked very mature, hustled, got on the glass and had a couple dunks. His free throws look good and his shot should be good in the midrange this season especially along the baseline.

Mylik also looked strong. I’m a Mylik believer. He’s a crazy athlete. He had a lot of offensive boards and a couple nice passes. Really good hands. Had a lot of deflections. Even hit a couple of threes.

Man
 LJ Cryer can really shoot I saw him hit 5 threes but I might of lost count. Hit all type of threes. Step back, catch and shoot, and even off balance. Pleasantly surprised by his defense on Shead. Nothing to be worried about.

You all know how everyone else that has been here looked. Shead was Shead, etc.
McFarland moves very well and fights for boards. Too weak, got bodied by Jojo.

Lath is not playing this year any meaningful mintues. He reminded me of early Chris Harris big and lost.

Dunn is the type of dude that you forget about because nothing wows you but he is solid. Like Sampson said he has an “old man game”. Hit some nice shots. Nice shot fake.

6 Likes

JD reporting that Jefferson will get surgery on left wrist after Australia trip and will redshirt.

https://twitter.com/Joseph_Duarte/status/1686553126122201088?s=20

1 Like

J’Wan says he will be taking off the boot before the trip and playing in Australia.

7 Likes

pesik quick report

jwan had a new leg injury and didnt play (was previously his arm)
kord didnt play

team 1 (won the game)

• lj- was a star, will probably be our leading scorer and probably comfortably, gained some muscles
  • dunn - very good utility scorer, scored in a variety of ways but had some really bad misses as a shooter
  • mylik- not a great shooter, will be top rebounding guard if he gets pt, dominant defense – highlight of the game was jamal pick pocketed mylik, mylik them pick pocketed jamal right back a sec later 
 despite missing wasn’t hesitant to shoot
  • tugler - really aggressive rebounder, showed some post moves, top tier shot blocker
  • francis - best big in the game, but that doesn’t say alot, super aggressive, emphasized all his dunks, felt like he was trying to make a point

team 2

• Jamal was jamal

• sharp- almost automatic from 3, him and cryer were going backtoback on 3s at 1 point
 didn’t do much off the dribble
  • Ramon -ill be honest i barely noticed him
  • TA - way more aggressive , but still ways to go, showed flashes of special throughout the game (3s, reverse layups, dribble mid ranges), but disappeared for stretches
  • lath started over McFarland, not very coordinated, jamal tried a bunch of trick passes to lath that did not connect
  • mcfarland - more coordinated than lath but was pushed around in the post by francis
9 Likes

This is the thing that will determine whether he takes that big step this year. You understand that happening with a freshman trying to find his way, but it’s time to move past that.

2 Likes

6 Likes

Mostly accurate report but the part about TA would be the one silly.

“4am time American or something “

Attaboy Pesik, let that inner Texan vibe slip out.

1 Like

fun stats from the scrimmage

• lj - 15pts 6ast 3sts, 83% from 3 - a stat line
  • sharp 19pts 3stls on 73%f from 3- a stat line

top 2 rebounders in the game? mylik (10 rbs) jamal (5rbs) 
 the 2 opposing pgs

francis had 4 fouls in just 20 mins despite not playing aggressive bigs 
 mcfarland had 3 fouls in 12 minutes, and lath at 3 fouls in 14 minutes :woozy_face:

tugler scored the most of the bigs, went 6/7 and 0 fouls in 20 minutes (but adding te context that non of the bigs ere aggressive on the red team)

5 Likes