Red & White Scrimmage August 1st

https://twitter.com/UHCougarMBK/status/1681710490181828643

9 Likes

Free Admission. Parking $10

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/texas-sports-nation/college/article/uh-basketball-set-date-intrasquad-scrimmage-18208734.php
(paywall)

Man… Wish I could go; so many questions about this year’s squad compared to the last few seasons…

1 Like

Same night as Big 12 day at the Astros game

Can’t go to Astros but I’ll make the scrimmage. Wanna learn faces and how the players interact on the court.

2 Likes

I’ll be that guy… That’s the first night of soccer practice for the boy. :sob:

2 Likes

I wonder if they’ll give out the Astros hat… I was planning on going to the Astros game for the hat.

Practice? You talking about practice?

4 Likes

The basketball can have a scrimmage but the football team can’t manage a red/white game? No wonder people love Sampson.

3 Likes

C’mon man - in years past, the hoops team has played fairly limited minutes - just enough to get a quick peek at some of the new talent.

IIRC, the turn-out has been around 1,000-1,500 fans. I’ll be there but it’s really not that big of a deal.

6 Likes

You aint lying!

Im gonna go check that out.

Setting it for 7pm on UH day at the Stros is very bad planning… How does that even happen?

Actually, you sure that’s UH day… Says Peanuts Day and I WANT THAT SNOOPY BOBBLEHEAD!!!

1 Like

I remember a couple of years ago the scrimmage was the same day as the SMU football game where Marcus Jones ran back the punt to win the game. That was a great day!

6 Likes

I see now… It’s not tge Stros doing the event; it’s a 3rd party (fevogm) and that is on the Stros Peanuts day… Bobblehead AND UH HAT!!!

What are you going on about?

The scrimmage is the same day/time as this UH Astros day… I can’t make either from NC anyway…

But if you go to that Astros game you could get that UH Astros hat and the Snoopy Bobblehead… That’s where I’d be at 7 that Tuesday if I were in Houston.

1 Like

7pm on a Tuesday.

Would the weekend been a better choice or nah? For turnout purposes

And having to pay for parking? For a scrimmage?

I think turnout is something they’re not even concerned about.

5 Likes