Red & White Scrimmage August 1st

Probably will have about 500 people there is my guess

There will be more than 500

But what you can do is go to our FB page and share the event to everyone.

Idk
 Stros game at the same time with UH hat giveaway

They probably don’t want a lot of people there.

Then why even advertise it? Just make it a closed scrimmage

Just to say they had it? Just a guess.

Of course they want people there. They want a great atmosphere to kick off their season.

4 Likes

With tight NCAA practice schedules, travel schedule, etc., it was probably Tuesday or nothing.

Just not a lot of leeway with having to max out allowed practices and then get out of town.

1 Like

They WANT it, but they’re not going to go to any extra effort to make sure it happens.

The point about scheduling is probably the main thing, though.

1 Like

My daughter and her friend, both UH grads, bought tickets for the Astros game on UH night. She told me Friday that they change the date for UH night to August 25.

6 Likes

Would be smart
 They also have a snoopy bobblehead giveaway tomorrow
 I want that bobblehead!!! :grin:

1 Like

Would be cool to stream this!

1 Like

Well that’s bs. Why wouldn’t they communicate that.

Pretty sure it’s a 3rd party doing it and not the Stros

Yeah but if they communicated it to begin with why not say oh fyi it’s not august 1st it’s 25th.

1 Like

After the Spring football game was cancelled, if I were UH, I would bend over backwards to be as fan friendly for this scrimmage as possible.

3 Likes

looking forward this this and the Australian games 
 i hope its streamed and if we are lucky its on youtube or facebook to be watched later incase the fames are like at 4am time american or something

what im hoping to see-

• Emanuel’s ball handling
  • TA confidence/aggressiveness
  • dunn’s shooting ability (gotten better ever year, probably 1 mroe jump needed to be hoof)
  • how lj looks as a scorer outside of catch an shoot (specifically in ISO as we wont be doing off ball picks like they did for him in baylor)
  • lj and dunn as defenders
  • any remote shooting from the true bigs
  • does ramon or mylik bring any offensive game that will be seen as a threat
  • i want kord to surprise me becase ive put no stock in him and i want to be pleasantly surprised
  • can mcfarland be impactful at his weight
  • who steps up s a rebounder

probably cannt tell these from a red&white scrimmage but will be a better picture from the 6game bigger sample size of the trip

• jamal shooting efficiency
  • (*if we play big teams in australia) - how does small ball with ta and ramon look
  • (*if we play big teams in australia) - can we match up size wise with our smaller post
  • will our lack of spacing be an issue with the traditional line up
  • lj is set up to be the guy on offense, can he live to that
11 Likes

Keep us updated on the scrimmage y’all.

I am out of state.

Roughly how many people are there? Let us know who shines and surprised you?

Thank you :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I’m not there but Duarte tweeting tonight with photos

Houston freshman guard Kordelius Jefferson has a broken right hand and is wearing a brace.
https://twitter.com/Joseph_Duarte/status/1686520693796618240

J’Wan Roberts is in a boot tonight. He has not been practicing with it in the recent practices I’ve seen.

Kelvin Sampson polo watch: Red Jordan logo

3 Likes

11 Likes