Next Round of Realignment Will Be Very Disruptive

I don’t care about being in the Big Ten if we don’t need to be. Overrated conference.

2 Likes

Plus theyre a state flagship and have the Chicago market behind Notre Dame.

1 Like

We would need to be for the MONEY, if offered.

And for that reason, we’d take it, if offered.

Not sure we ever will be though, for the reasons stated.

We’ll see.

Maybe.

Their fan support is not super strong though.

If they were good at football again, I think they would bring 60k easily. For whatever reason, they just cant seem to recapture their historic power.

Ha ha. I said adult entertainment, video games and bad movies, but you focused only on the first word.

Anyway, if you look at statistics about what people are actually utilizing the internet for, you will see what I mean.

Contrary to popular belief, outside of a niche of some folks in high finance (traders and the like) most increases in processing speed is utilized for data streaming, such as movies and games. While there has been increasing investment in processing speed for the AI bubble, most AI is used for things like, you guessed it, entertainment.

UH is comprised of primarily Houstonians…

which means…

fans only show up when we’re winning (see astros, texans, rockets)

1 Like

We have to change this.

We need to target out of city …out of state students.

Not sure the breakdown on other city schools, but I’m guessing UCLA, Cincinnati, PITT, Louisville, Miami, etc. have a higher percentage of non-locals.

It’s pretty hard to do that unless they’re on some kind of scholarship

UH is primarily serving Houstonians

1 Like

Compared to Houston, Cincinnati is 14 percent OOS and 2.8 percent international, while UH is 2.62 percent OOS and 3.6 percent international.

Pitt has a pretty high OOS population (35 percent and 4 percent international), UCLA is similar to UC but higher international (14 percent and 12 percent international). Louisville is 22 percent OOS, 4.7 percent international. Note that Indiana and Kentucky have a reciprocity deal where there students can attend the other for discounted tuition. Miami is private so not a good comparison.

I have said it many times, the fastest way for UH to increase its rankings is to accept more OOS students and throw around large scholarships to them. That is what Pitt, Auburn, Miami OH, Louisville, Tennessee, South Carolina, Iowa and Michigan State and many other schools do. We have a larger endowment than many of those schools, and will be getting a cash infusion soon, so we can afford it.

2 Likes

I wonder how many OOS applicants we get. How actively do we recruit them?

Lots of rumors err reporting on X that the Bay teams are buying their way into ACC. Significant reduced share for years. The mighty have fallen

Well from my own recent experience, not much apparently, not even sons and daughters of alumni. When UT, TAMU, Baylor, TCU and SMU show more interest in your child than your own alma mater, its pretty sad.

Could be that they may have thought he wasn’t going to go there; but who knows. A year ago, if you told me he would end up at Miami OH I would not have believed it. Its like I always say; they cannot say yes if you don’t ask.

1 Like

Why bring my name again?

I don’t I agree with you but I let you have the last word a few days ago because I know how you go on and with your diatribes.

Now you bring my name up to continue arguing your point to other people now?

You have way too much time on your hands….go “reflect” on that jefe.

1 Like

Just to make the point.

Lighten up a bit, if you don’t mind.

Ooooooooh my goodness!

Now STANFORD is looking as desperate as SMU.

They are also apparently willing to join the ACC for FREE!!!

https://www.si.com/college/stanford/football/stanford-willing-to-join-acc-at-a-major-discounted-rate#:~:text=The%20sacrifice%20in%20question%3F,free%20for%20a%20few%20years.&text=While%20it%20seems%20less%20than,main%20reasons%20it%20makes%20sense.

Quote: Well, as we all know media rights and realignment is all about money, but Stanford is willing to join the ACC at a discounted rate or maybe even for free for a few years.

1 Like

didn’t you do your undergrad at Illinois?
P word is a harsh descriptor of your UG team

No.

I have a Master’s degree from Illinois, but I’ve never really used it.

Not really a very big fan.

Mostly a UH fan. I’m actually making money off of THAT degree.

And let’s be honest…were Illinois not a charter member of the B1G…it’s doubtful their football brand would get them an invite today.

ah I gotcha. I see what you’re saying… Aside from Jeff George, off the top of my head I can’t think of an Illini pro football product since 1990, when I started watching. Which is puzzling as IL should be at least on same level as Iowa or even Wisconsin football based on academic rep and size of the school. Is it the city of Champaign that is just not appealing to the high level football recruit? Middle of rural IL looking at the map

Well don’t use me to make a point….just use all your gibberish…