New attendance record at Fertita Center

Add seats!

1 Like

Do we need to start all our week day games at 8pm?

UH has Zero decision making on start times for Conf gms during the season.

Edit: its all about where is the other game being played at that you are slotted with. In Wed case it was USF/UCF Est – 7:00 local start time for them wh8ch was 6:00 for us… no bering for Hou, then 8:00 start for Local UH & Tulane fans. How many eyeballs can we maximize for the 2 gms. Very basic.

1 Like

That is similar to what I had im mind or just add trhe support beams on the outside of FC to hold up the current roof the can remove the huge beams that run across the ceiling in the inside taking up so much space of that cut out. If remove those two beams by adding roof support beams on the outside of the arena, then would create so much more space in the circular cut out that adding a center hung scorebaord would be essy. It be at a good height that allows all to see and still allows for volleyball. Can then remove the baseline scoreboards and add seats increasing season ticket sales and revenue.

1 Like

Don’t have season tickets and want them, get on the wait-list. Those with season tickets jumped on board, knowing the basketball program was something special (or for long term holders, thought it would be again, some day). Everyone wanting tickets now sees the same thing. If you’ve been left at the station, should have arrived earlier. If looking for season tickets, no clue how long the wait list would be for name coming up but whatever it is, more likely to happen sooner than a Fertitta expansion.

I think the small, intimate size of Fertitta is an incredible environment. At times, loudest crowd I’ve been a part of. Slama days were loud but so long ago it’s hard to compare. The crowd is even amped and loud during the Bon Jovi sing-along. Fertitta Center is simply a huge home court advantage as is.

Don’t fix what isn’t broke.

Here is a link to Baylor’s new basketball arena, currently being built. I like this trend of smaller, intimate arenas.

I’ll just be happy when they get the speakers over the upper “deck” working. We can barely hear the announcer.

1 Like