New attendance record at Fertita Center

The scoreboards is what makes us unique. And you don’t have to turn you can see it from the direction you are facing.

A center scoreboard would cut the view of a lot of the people in the top rows and it would take some sound and make it less loud. If you want to add seats remove some media seats but don’t touch scoreboards or other sections. Add bleachers for the students. Yesterday with how close they got to the court looked good aesthetically. They looked like they were on top of the action. Like Dukes students.

3 Likes

Agreed about the scoreboard - no center console would be nearly as cool as what we have.

Realistically, in order to add more seats, we’re going to have to give up the open areas at the top of the single-tier sections and build upward. This would make the place even louder, but I’m not convinced of the value of spending millions to do this, if it’s even possible.

The current arena size and configuration wasn’t an accident.

2 Likes

^^^^^^^This

2 Likes

The only thing the stadium is missing is a National Championship wooden tile on the wall behind my seats.

11 Likes

Do all our big donors like the club seating area? Will that section eventually change

Cause you could definitely increase capacity by redesigning that area.

Making it more similar to Section 111-114. Obviously not as many rows

1 Like

The FC can most definitely be reconfigured for increase seating with all the aforementioned suggestions. It would just take a pretty penny.

1 Like

Who thinks they’ll add seating to Fertita Center in the next 5 years?

• No
  • Yes

0 voters

The Big 12 TV money will help, but if continuing to add to GVL Development Center helps more with recruiting, id rather the money go there

And obviously football is 1st in line, for most P5 programs, regarding facility upgrades

Instead of a center court hanging scoreboard, put the seats there, like a glass bottom boat!

12 Likes

Think of how many people we could dangle from the catwalks up there.

4 Likes

A center scoreboard would block the view from the “upper deck” but would also mean volleyball is out. And the future plans for the AAC do not include the absolute joke of a volleyball venue we had for years.

The easiest way to add seats would be to remove the loge boxes and BarcaLounger sections and replace with more club seats but you’d piss off big money donors.

Truth is a 7,700 seat venue is PERFECT. We do not need larger. Period. Sure, a few hundred people more might want to come see Kansas but I was there versus McNeese, Northern Colorado, and North Florida and there were thousands of empties.

You don’t even think about expanding until there are 4-5 years in a row with every seat full for every single game.

3 Likes

When you get a free ticket on Coogfans, but didn’t ask where your seat was

15 Likes

You can raise the scoreboard for volleyball games. I was looking at the rafters before the game and the large beams for the roof if the center scoreboard were raised would block baseline view but the sideline sections could still look up and see the scoreboard unobtructed. I wish UH could of found a way to put new big beams to hold the roof attached to the outside of the roof FC and holding the roof up so could of cleared all the clutter of beams in the open ceiling allowing more flexibility. But remember the volleyball team played in Hoffeinz in the 90s with that scoreboard and no gutted center roof as FC has now, so volleyball is still doable in FC. Plus UH doesnt have a 7,700 seat arena. It is 7,000 and the rest is standing room only, so UH is missing out on extra seats and season ticket sells by not having a center scoreboard and the two baseline ones taking up so much space that could be more seats and season tickets.

But there’s no chance and no reason to go back to that trash scoreboard. It was a joke.

Where did I say we go back to the scorebaord had at the Hoff? of course UH would have a screen one you could even doa more smaller version of what Toyota Center has

They considered doing a scoreboard like that and opted against it for a number of reasons. It’s not going to happen, so there’s really no point in even talking about it.

2 Likes

I sit in Uecker seats behind the bench. Love the configuration the way it is. All the stats are right in front of me

Its amazing how far we’ve come. I remember going to a game during the Dickey era and telling my friend it wouldn’t even take a minute to count everyone here.

2 Likes

Yep on occasions when I had extra tickets or couldn’t use mine it was impossible to give them away,
Now of course no problem at all! In fact my wife and grand daughter have been to 3 games with us this year and are screaming for season tickets next year! Ouch!

Maybe all the whining about football attendance doesn’t hold water if the product on the field is worthy? Juz wanna know…

1 Like

Build an upper deck by raising the ceiling, adding support columns 30 to 50 feet outside the current footprint of the building to support the upper deck. This would allow UH to add thousands of seats.

2 Likes