Marked improvement

This game was just like 2021 without the turnovers.

Dana has scored ZERO in the equivalence of an entire game. Put together the TCU and Tech second halves and you get zero points over 4 quarters.

This is year 5! With $4 million annual salary and untold $millions more to a staff that cannot recruit not make halftime adjustments.

We all have seen enough. Only the willfully blind do not see the truth of this coaching staff.

5 Likes

Just look at our offense so far this year

First Half                            Second Half

UTSA 10 7
Rice 7 34
TCU 13 0
Sam Houston 24 14
Tech 28 0

So in five games we have played 4 halves the equivilant of 2 games where we didn’t score there is no offense worth anything that does that on a regular basis. Its not just a this year issue either we have been doing this Dana’s entire tenure at UH.

2 Likes

This clown would have been fired anywhere else. It’s going to take years to bring this program up again.

2 Likes

Looks like someone isn’t done yet!

@DieHardCoog Stop making excuses for Dana and trying to justify the horse crap we saw.

1 Like

Marked Improvement? What? How are we improved over last year or the year before or the year before? We are sliding down. We can’t even beat teams that are in the upper half of CFB.

1 Like

Hopefully we can keep improving and grab some wins.

1 Like

Just saying the Offense seems to be coming together, getting better every game. Sure we have lots of issues that aren’t resolved, but I’m optimistic. The players haven’t shown any signs of quitting.

3 Likes

Donovan is still too inconsistent. He’s improving but still missing open receivers, especially on the long ball. I wonder if his injured arm from the previous week is still bothering him?

How did we look fantastic when we could not stop Teetech from scoring? They scored 35 points in the first half. Is that fantastic?
What is this?
17, 13, 24, 3
This is how many points Teetech scored before scoring 35 points.
Does that mean our Defense is terrible?
I would love, love to write the contrary but every indicator is facing:

2 Likes

Yes the defense is terrible. Our 3 man line is big but too many attempted arm tackles. The LBs need to step up. Just seems like there is no leadership.

Our blitz attempts are easy to pick up. No stunting, just edge rushing. To me, this suggests poor coaching

Have you been drinking? This program is a trainwreck!

2 Likes

Have you watched the right side of the OL this year? They weren’t good in the AAC and they aren’t good in the Big 12. They get beat almost every play unless the ball is out in 2 secs

I think CDH’s biggest mistake was when after he decided to go with Tune till he graduated, he didn’t bring in a heir apparent. He would have had time to learn the offense and be ready to hit the ground running when Tune was gone. Instead he panicked and brought in Donovan. He’s good, but not the savior we needed. This was poor planning and all on CDH.

Seriously, how can anyone still possibly think Dana is capable of building the UH Football Program ?

2 Likes

CDH reminds me a lot of Jenkins back in the Run and Shoot days. Both great offensive minds but really not capable of running a big time program.

2 Likes

Because “he was kind to me and my kin!” Or “he is a good, but flawed man. I believe he wants to win and that is good enough for me.” Or whatever simp logic some sunshine pumpers have here.

Man other than Rice, what an Iowa Hawkeyes level, offensive, offensive barf-O in the second halves of our games. Getting out coached as the game goes on pure and simple. How could this be considered anything else? I guess CDH could (and did!) make up one of the most asinine excuses I have ever heard “the offense wore themselves out”. In all my years of watching football I have NEVER heard that one.

1 Like

The great times, offensively too have passed him by. This offense is a shell of the original Air Raid even after he opened it up this past weekend and in no way would we ever have went into Stillwater and defeated Oklahoma St. back in the day.

1 Like

You’re right. Ever since Rice, we have pulled in at halftime and got defensive. That might work if we had a killer defense, but we don’t. Terrible strategy