LSU QB transfer TJ Finley

Giena, totally off subject but I was talking this weekend to former HC – Laporte H.S who I grew with( actually across street from ea other)in OAK Forest area and we mentioned a few HC from ways back. But it reminded me where did Tony Heath go or is he retired from Coaching.
Thks.

He retired from coaching after his daughter graduated in 2017, same year as my boys. He went into the oil industry. Still lives in Pearland I believe.

1 Like

Ok so he was there Derek’s Sr year?

I want to bring in a Transfer just to have some competition or a stable backup that we can rely on. Doesn’t mean Dana does not believe in Tune, I think it’s more about the team, and what’s best for the team. To me it’s a win win, you either find a QB that you believe is better than Tune, or you have a nice stable backup for Tune.

3 Likes

Yes, he was.

1 Like

I agree. Can’t find where I originally read this, but his four finalists all offered him a chance to “compete” for qb, not promised to him. Have read numerous times by a select few that we needed competition at the position. Now that it’s been learned that is what CDH has been trying to do, it’s been now deemed that he has little confidence in Tune. I really get confused here sometimes.

Also, based on his other comments, it was pretty obvious he wanted to stay in the SEC just to be able to play against his former team to prove them wrong.

Don’t forget clairvoyance. Very important that is.

1 Like

One of the best H.S playoff gms I ever saw was in 06 or 07 Pearland vs CyFair. RB were Fozzy Whitaker vs Sam McGuffie. Great game!

1 Like

https://twitter.com/gocoogs1/status/1396851144421478408?s=21

Here’s the link

1 Like

The logical reasoning part of the brain isn’t fully developed until early to mid 20’s. So there was actual wisdom when British common law established the age of majority at 21.

Whitaker was amazing! We used to take the boys all the time to games when they were younger.

1 Like

Yes, I saw him play in HS a few times. Of course he had good college career-- UT then on to the Pros.
My daughter now 30 had go to CyFair her Freshman yr b4 CyWoods started up so we went to alot of gms when Sam McGuffie was at CyFair.

1 Like

Competition breeds excellence… Always.

1 Like

This is BS, UH was never on his list nor should we have been.

If he was that good, he would still be @ LSU !

2 Likes

Yeah that logic doesn’t make sense there of countless examples i.e. Shane(smu), Joe Burrow, Justin Fields. Some people just want to move on and go elsewhere. I’m not sure why you say it’s BS that Houston was on his list? Why would anyone lie about that

4 Likes

Meh. I rather roll with Sofian.

1 Like

In the State of Texas, a person can be convicted and imprisoned as an adult at age 17.

Likewise, an 18 year old can be drafted and ordered to take the lives of others in combat; possibly give up their own lives in the process

Those 21-22 year old Seniors are definitely grown men.

3 Likes

Based on some posts on this board, it would be fair to conclude that some brains miss the logical development part completely .:yum:

7 Likes

3 out of the last 5 Heisman Trophies have gone to Transfer QBs.

1 Like

Sofian than who Tune??

1 Like