LSU QB transfer TJ Finley

I think Tune is going to have a pretty solid year. Football gods must hate Tune lol. Because it feels like everything around him falls apart. We don’t need him to be great. Just be good, and not turn the ball over. He has the talent and he looks locked in. So I’m optimistic about his play this season. I think he can get us to 8 wins, if everything doesn’t fall apart around him again

3 Likes

Yes. If everything else doesn’t fall apart around him. The tweet said Tune was holding us back. I don’t buy that. And there were a lot of other things contributing to our poor play over the past two seasons.

Greg Ward could walk through that door and we still wouldn’t have won more than 6 or 7 games.

Let’s hope the TEAM can all come together this season.

1 Like

Age can be relevant when speaking on things you know nothing about. Kids run their mouths, I know I had two of them that at times thought they knew everything.

4 Likes

Yeah Tune has hurt us a lot some games, and other games he played really good and you see the flashes. The holding us back was probably referring to the bad turnovers. Like the Tulane game he was holding us back, until he wasn’t. If he can learn to tuck and run and take a sack. He will be just fine. I know his lows can be very low. But his highs can also be very high. If you are a coach, you got to believe you can fix his lows, usually it’s just mental mistakes. Tune looks a lot bigger and stronger, and made some really good throws in spring ball. WRs and O line are what scares me the most, because I don’t think Tune can carry a team. At least not yet

3 Likes

Again if that person-- some random UH student wants to come on here n post something, it’s one thg but to go pull from Twitter some 20 y.o students comments… plsss. Done!

Age is irrelevant when it comes to sports takes. I know old people who know absolutely nothing about the game. And I know young people who know a whole lot. It’s just about how well you know the game. Not about how old you are

Did Tune have some bad Turnovers last season? Of course. Every single Quarterback that has ever played here has had bad turnovers.

I’ve seen enough flashes. His OL couldn’t stay healthy. His receivers couldn’t stay healthy. He didn’t have a real offseason with the coaching staff. Games were cancelled left and right. Really hard for me to throw one of our student athletes under the bus based off of last year. Football may be the ultimate team sport. It takes more than just 1 guy. We need everyone on the same page.

Let’s see what he does in 2021.

And this is why it’s a big deal if Dana is having to babysit the receivers room this season. No one’s progression is more important to us this season than Clayton’s. That’s where Dana needs to be.

1 Like

I’m more interested in seeing some better play calling. It has seemed a bit bland these last two seasons.

3 Likes

Since you’re about his age I guess it’s irrelevant :grin::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:. Stop sending random post from 20 y.o students :stop_sign::stop_sign:

1 Like

Haha. I like KMoney’s posts. Didn’t agree with this one, though.

1 Like

Oh I definitely agree. I’m not throwing him under the bus I think he’s going to have a good year. But I’m not going to just ignore the bad. Neither is Dana, I’m just pointing out stuff “I” believe he needs to work on. He’s got to get smarter and cut the turnovers. If he does that he can be really good. Basically every analyst says the same thing about Tune. I don’t think people actually think tune is just trash, or is not a decent football player. I just think people are so used to UH having really good QBs they are probably just spoiled at that position.

1 Like

Or you could just stop telling grown men what to do. And go about your business

1 Like

I see your point. My point is most young kids run their mouth and like to stir the pot. I’m a teacher, I’ve seen it all. Just look at FB and Twitter, young kids will argue a point into complete irrelevance. Again, I do see your point.

1 Like

At what age do you consider men to be fully grown and mature and well rounded person n I’m not talking about the belly! :laughing:

The play calling isn’t great, but on the optimistic side of things maybe Dana felt like he didn’t have the personnel to call anything special. This maybe me giving him an excuse, but he didn’t have his Oline or best WR and key RB out. That could sway the play calling.

1 Like

I understand that but seniors in college aren’t kids. Those are grown men. It’s just his opinion, I wanted to see what people thought about his take. I’m here to talk about sports, I like seeing everyone perspective and view. I don’t tell people they can’t have opinions or shouldn’t post, or that their take is irrelevant because they aren’t 50 years old lol. I just like to hear everyone’s opinion and perspective. All I did was post his take. @Joprior23 gave his opinion about it respectfully and used a different perspective, which is what a sports blog is all about.

1 Like

All the bellyaching about Dana not bringing in a transfer, now when he does it means he doesn’t trust Tune. Smh. Some of you look foolish when you try so hard.

4 Likes

Thank you I enjoy your post too. And it’s perfectly fine to disagree. We have respectful debates all the time. I enjoy and respect your opinions

I actually don’t think we need a transfer at QB. But a little competition never hurt anyone.

I want a couple more interior lineman. And given Dana’s comments about the WR. Maybe 1 more there.

3 Likes

Fair enough