Grades?

This is all on DH. Crazy season yes but this is a symptom of a larger coaching issue. I heard DH would deliver average results like WV. If you can’t keep your players eligible it doesn’t matter how high you recruit. What Is Our IDENTITY?

7 Likes

3 Likes

This post is laughable.

4 Likes

Laugh away. Everybody is laughing at Houston Cougar Football. Not opt outs. Not Covid-19. Grades. I would have killed to have the academic tutoring resources available to players. Laugh

4 Likes

Yep. They laughing

1 Like

We deserve it. We can dish it out, we need to learn to take it.

1 Like

Good post RedDragon. I hate the Cougar High crap

What mr. laughing one in section 230 doesn’t know because he is new I will have to explain the family recruiting visit. Well Mrs. 4 star mother we want 4 star. Well CDH will he get a shot at the NFL in the Conference like he would in the Big 12? Even if he isn’t in the NFL I want him to get a good education. I heard your players can’t even go to games because they fail. Uhmm that’s a rumor nothing more

2 Likes

There were less than 5 out for grades. You’re adding to the rumor mill. So research before posting.

24 Likes

We need more voices of reason like yours on this board. The added insight of a player’s mom is an added bonus.

6 Likes

Thank you again for your insights and sanity.
Kudos to your son who was fantastic this year.

5 Likes

Tutoring has not been available this fall. Ha-ha.

Thank you so much!

1 Like

When a person continues to post erroneous information days after it has been debunked, one of two cases is in play. One, he is oblivious to what is going on and hasn’t read the board, read the paper, listened to the radio, or watched the sports on TV. The other case is that he is purposely spreading a lie to pump his own agenda of hatred of the coach.

I wonder which is the case for you Timothy.

8 Likes

Agree, it seems many do not pay attention and just post randomness.

5 Likes

As someone who tutored in the room next to the Student Athlete room (I did Computer Science, so maybe at most Broodo and a volleyball player or two would have taken a CS Course AND came to this room), the athlete room was nearly packed and had everyone in there working/studying. They were there, and wanted to pass/get their education.

Some people don’t understand that when people choose the college route and stay all four years, they also want a degree. Football, or any sport of that matter, is a benefit/bonus to get them in and the resources they need while representing the school in exchange for scholarship.

COVID happens, people pass/fail, people fail classes, and all other sorts. Yet our student athletes are graduating within three and a half to five years, getting their masters here, or working towards post-bac classes for further education. So moreso ahead of those who are getting standard undergrad degrees (in terms of time/education received, not the major itself).

Edit: I’m currently trying to motivate my sister to look into getting recruited for school. She’s smart, has high grades, plays sports well and is setting records for track (in her division). I ask her why not use all that as a bonus to get into a choice school?

7 Likes

Yes and DH has a Barber’s license. I am glad you enjoyed the positive publicity we received for our performance Thursday. We are on the right track according to UH insiders. What a relief.

You seem like a (knowledgeable) Coog fan. Interpreting what I say as hatred for the coach. I watch and have spoken with Kevin Eschenfelder. Coaches who are cognizant of perception don’t publicize academic issues giving a negative piece of billboard material or negative educational images of the institution. They normally include that as (personal or undisclosed issues.) That way schools like North Texas can’t put out hit pieces that can affect recruiting.Both myself and my brother are UH grads. I am in Cougar Pride a Life Member. I went to every game in the Astrodome watching Danny Davis and Alois Blackwell while in the Junior Cougar Club in the 1970’s. I have taken my son to public events meeting all players, Kevin Sumlin and Bill Yoeman carrying him across campus on my shoulders. He is now an Engineer. I must dub you a pompous troll. See you in the stands

1 Like

You misinterpret my post about negative educational information given to the public and are merely an example of Hanlon’s Razor

I wasn’t commenting on your post. I was replying to Twinmom.