GAME THREAD: #25 Texas Tech (14-3) at #5 Houston (15-2) 1/17 8:00 PM (W 77-54)

1 Like

Must win no doubt

5 Likes

Gotta get a win at home!

3 Likes

Honestly - not too worried dropping 2 games by 5 points combined.

I’ll be more concerned if we start dropping home games.

18 Likes

Texas Tech is 14-2 and flying high, but has anyone seen their schedule?

They’ve played ONE game against NET top 50. That was a 16 point neutral court loss to Villanova. Nova is 35 in the NET. Remember how Penn beat Nova?

We’ve played 4 games against NET top 30. 6 vs top 50.

We’ve played one common opponent, Aggy Island. Tech won in Lubbock by 9. We won by 32.

And sure, they won at Austin but as I’ve said since Texas only beat Louisville by one, the Horns are mid at best.

7 Likes

And Texas lost to WVU

6 Likes

Win this one and should jumpstart us and get us rolling.

5 Likes

Tech beat the Aggies in the Compete 4 Cause Exhibition at the UNT super pit to start the season.

Exhibition game in October means nada.

We’ve lost two straight. Let’s celebrate after the win not before

6 Likes

This still blows my mind. I can’t stop reading it. It’s like snapping a picture of your grade-school teacher in a bikini and pulling it out of your Big Wheel pocket every ten minutes.

4 Likes

Man, what an analogy😂

2 Likes

They have onlyfans now
 . :rofl:

1 Like

Texas tech on paper should not be a good team, but theyve kept finding ways to win

Interesting texas tech points:

• they have a 7footer at center. he is the only player over 6’7 in their entire rotation. they try to play him every single minute of the game on close games

• the essentially play 4 guards and the center, all 4 guards can shoot
 offensively they play 5out, the center is not a shooter but a driver/picker

• super small line up 1-4, and the center avoids contact to avoid fouls - obviously not the best rebounding team
 and they dont have the best defensive players, but they do have a top tier defensive coach

• they are an insanely dangerous teams when they are hitting 3s, that is how they beat texas and ok state, who basically had +10 rebounding margin on tech and won almost all stat categories, but tech was hitting 50% from 3 on both games. they shot horrible in kstat but that was a game they were able to keep up on the boards

• the “vill killed them” point is not as strong, they have a completely different dynamic since then. they are a new roster under a new coach, so theyve had some rapid evolutions 
 they tried to play big early in the season, and transitioned to prioritizing shooter now
 ie walton played 2mins vs vill, he does 30 a night now as a starter, also stopped playing some of their younger players

tech is a flawed team, that is likely to have collapse before the season ends 
they shot well vs teams that have dominated the boards, and had their bad shooting games against team they could rebound with 
at some point that wont align
 and for some games it wont even matter, they shot 50% from 3 vs butler but lost in OT
 butler had +20 rebounding margin

will be curious how samspon approaches this game, we could get away with jwan and 4 guards this game to spike the offense
 or go for rebounding domination with francis/jojo

1 Like

Sounds like we MUST FIX OUR SLOW TRANSITIONS TO THE PERIMETER AFTER TRAPPING
 We give up way too many wide open 3s.

1 Like

We are giving up WAY too many wide open 3s this year. I don’t think I’ve ever seen it this bad under CKS. Contesting every shot is our bread and butter and we need to get back to it asap.

2 Likes

It was the same last year
 Didn’t get exposed unntil miamil went berzerk

There was a stretch in the 2nd half when we gave up 8 to 10 straight points on essentially layups vs TCU.

5 Likes

Coogs haven’t played a conference game against a ranked opponent at home since 2019. Should be a good one.

3 Likes

Looks like we are an 8 1/2 point favorite.

Predict that we exceed the betting line.

9 Likes