Dana Post game Presser

Depth is going to be the reason why Sam plays us close or even beats us. Be ready for that everyone

8 Likes

Thanks to those who found his quote from Aug saying it was a big 12 roster. Now all of sudden there is depth issues and it’s going to take time, recruiting, etc.

4 Likes

No, no. That’ll be because he’s been telling them all week not to overlook Sam, but the players just insist on looking ahead to Tech even though they’re 1-2 and just got beat by Rice two weeks ago. Has nothing to do with him, btw. He’s trying. Just give him a couple more years to get new guys. It’s all Applewhite’s fault.

4 Likes

Herp Derp.

Already at making an irrational ass of himself to get bought out ?
Not even game 4.

Need to blow out SAM to slow down this gloom.

“Running up the middle is probably not the best use of 1/3 of your snaps against TCU.”

He talked a lot about challenging the 2nd string guys to practice better so they could challenge for playing time. His comment about the starting 11 was largely tied to his point that the guys behind them hadn’t earned that additional PT yet.

When he talked about “depth,” what I hear him saying is “quality depth” - we have guys who CAN play at this level, but they’re not there yet.

His Monday presser was pretty up-front about mistakes made in play calling and execution. I know people would rather spend hours arguing about what was in a Tweet than spend 20 minutes listening to it, though. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

1 Like

I know you aren’t trying to make excuses for him but that’s ridiculous in year 5. He built this roster and had 22 months after the big 12 invite.

4 Likes

Breathe deep the gathering gloom

4 Likes

Watch lights fade from every room 

2 Likes

We’re going to lose to Sam aren’t we? Lol

3 Likes

Practice vs when the lights come on. At this point what do you have to lose? Your job? More of the fan base.

I’d start at WR Jonah Wilson, Pilot, Brown and Golden with Manjack and Nelson backing them up. Parkers my HB and call me crazy (not the first time) at QB I’m rolling with Coley and McMikle.

3 Likes

Yeah, not at all what I’m doing. But there are a lot of teams whose coaches would tell you the exact same thing, because the second team guys are there for a reason.

I get the principle of making them earn it, but I’m also in the camp of throwing some new guys in there to see how they do. If they play well but don’t follow with good practice, then back on the bench they go.

The thing he said today that I really didn’t like was that even if we had the lead at halftime, he didn’t know if we could hang on for the win. Honest? Sure. But that’s not something that a head coach needs to say.

2 Likes

I used to actually to give him the benefit of the doubt and liked some of the honesty but you have to produce at some point.

I agree they need to allow some of the 2nd string to get in there. I’m surprised they haven’t tried anybody else on the right side of the OL. That side is terrible. If the backups are a lot worse, what kind of evaluation is going on for recruits.

1 Like

Not crazy to me. Put McMickle in.

1 Like

I really am not in either camp (pro- or anti-Holgorsen)
I just want the Coogs to win.

However, as has been said numerous times on this board, this is CDH’s fifth year. I would have hoped that, even though UH is in the Big 12 now, we could have made a better showing in the first B12 game. I will say that I was unable to watch the game- I just followed along on the ESPN app- but it seems like that performance was similar to a team with a brand new head coach who had installed totally new systems/schemes, not a program whose head coach had been there a while.

It also seems like Dana is trying to keep expectations low, something else you wouldn’t expect from a head coach in his fifth year.

1 Like

Unleash the Georgia private prep Deus ex machina, watch the scoreboard light up in fear and trembling and let kenjourney ascend to board master savant as Fate has seemingly dictated.

1 Like

The Defense played well enough to keep us in the game against a quality opponent. The reason we did not keep it close or even win was the anemic offense. In the first half we squandered numerous opportunities on the TCU side of the field. In the second half, we could not gain any yards at all. The Offense is beyond broken

2 Likes

Even if we win it’s guaranteed it’s going to be a horrible watch. Probably will have more fun watching paint dry then Dana’s “offense”

2 Likes

This is HIS second team.

He’s had FIVE YEARS to build HIS roster exactly as HE wanted it.

If he’s taking shots at his depth
who is that on?

How about the guy whose job it is to recruit depth?

I’M SO SICK OF THE EXCUSES 
THE ARROGANCE
AND GAS LIGHTING

We aren’t dumb , Dana!

7 Likes

Plenty of other games on at 6 to watch on tv, ie Colorado at Oregon and others if ur not at UH game