Dana Post game Presser

Around the 17:20 mark he gets back into not having depth. He continues with the differences between a G5 and P5 team from a recruiting and depth standpoint. Then he reminds everyone that depth and recruiting will take time.

4 years as our head coach, and 2 years to sell “we are Big XII”.

I am so infuriated by this man.

15 Likes

14 Likes

We would all like to know what he has been doing the past 5yrs.

9 Likes

That’s all well and good if you lost by a touchdown to TCU and beat Rice like you should have.

3 Likes

4 Likes

Its an excuse no one is buying at this point. Yesterday had nothing to do with depth. It was terrible execution to go with terrible schemes.

13 Likes

Agreed. We have plenty of talent, or at least enough to compete with that team yesterday.

1 Like

Why Wld any decent QB or Asst coarch for that matter come here ? They won’t

He has to get an “Analyst” to be his OC - how weak is that - the fact that PEZ allowed this shld be to his detriment as well - inexcusable

1 Like

I’d rather go to a Yoko Ono concert with no ear plugs than listen to that dud

11 Likes

Too far

1 Like

Word is out = Dana a crackpot.

2 Likes

Couldn’t run against Rice either

2 Likes

Fresno State alone has two P5 wins this year. Hell, Sacramento State has one.

But we expect too much by wanting an offensive touchdown at home.

19 Likes

The TCU starters, not their depth, ran over us.

3 Likes

Dana was hired to first get UH into a P5 conference. He and Pez worked recruiting and schedule to get good records to get the invite. Mission Accomplished.

UH has been able to use the B12 logo for TWO MONTHS. He has not been able to fully recruit as a P5/P4 until then, which includes nobody on the current roster. He upgraded his offensive line coach six months ago. OL takes time to learn the new blocking philosophy; and no matter how much practice you do, things are different when you line up against people who are not blocking dummies.

I am happy we are in the B12. Winning against teams who have been recruiting as P5 teams for years will take some time.

I had no expectations we would beat a team who played in the national championship game last year. I don’t expect UH to win a lot of games in the B12 this year.

I do believe things will improve with CDH in the next few years.

2 Likes

15 Likes

Our football record had nothing to do with us getting an invite to the Big 12, it was a last minute push by Tillman and politicians or else we would have gotten left out again. If our recent success in basketball as one of the most dominant teams wasn’t enough why would a cupcake schedule in football do the trick? If football was really that good then there wouldn’t be attendance issues.

Its been known for the past two years that we got accepted into the Big 12, that’s two years to sell to recruits to play P5 football in one of the largest cities in America but holgerson would rather use the portal.

We had a chance against TCU, our issue wasn’t a talent disparity between the two teams. It was horrible play calling and the the best QB that the “QB whisperer” has was a 3rd stringer at Tech. Literally all the analyst were talking about how much talent TCU lost from last years team, their best WR,RB,CB,LB, OC, etc….

How many more years can the university afford to give CDH

11 Likes

NO.
Always nice to hear from Mrs Holgorsen.

9 Likes

He should have red-shirted his whole first season and convince us they reason that season was garbage was to “build depth”…oh, wait

3 Likes

Was it the lack of P-5 depth that caused the loss to Rice?

6 Likes