😲 Damn i missed this!

It is for anybody sensible in the fourth largest city in America

Nope. Its not excusable for Rice, TSU or HBU either.

What a foolish thing to say.

On any given week in 2020 we didnt even know if the scheduled game was on or off.

2021, a lot of sensible people elected to stay home over additional exposure to covid.

Minnesota is in Minneapolis and packs their stadium.

Washington is in Seattle and packs their stadium.

USC is in LA and packs their stadium.

Utah is in Salt Lake City and packs their stadium.

Before anybody uses the state flagship excuse, Pittsburgh and Louisville are city schools like UH and pack their stadiums.

Memphis plays off campus and usuallly draws decent crowds. Cincinnati draws decent crowds as well

So being in a major city is not an excuse.

1 Like

So Applewhite and Covid had no effect on attendance and we should be at the same level as before. You think that’s Realistic?

2 Likes

Whats foolish is that UH alumni refuse to take accountability for poor attendance and instead have excuses and the Austin boogeyman.

Previous UH generations had a GOLDMINE of a schedule in the SWC in a world class venue at the time(Astrodome) and instead blamed UT for everything.

My generation had G5 schools and kept 5-10k students at games.

1 Like

I don’t want to go back to Herman days… so we’ll never agree
“Come and take him” and they did

I don’t want Herman back either, but I want the same buzz around UH.

1 Like

We got screwed by them there is no doubt that is how we ended up in CUSA. That’s real history, no boogeyman.

The buzz was a self promotion, sure it was nice he said Go Coogs but really he was just pushing Tom Herman. Lets make it about the players this time and not about the coaches

1 Like

They don’t pack it.

I need the data for the 10 most populous US cities, including Northwestern in Chicago, ASU in Phoenix, Temple in Philadelphia, and San Jose St in San Jose, please.

Thanks

1 Like

Dana has to use the portal. 5* don’t come here and 4*’s have to be courted hard. Maybe will change in b12 but we don’t recruit there yet

1 Like

Already got a few 4 stars from the portal

So what did drawing 27k to the Astrodome against Arkansas in 1990 while being ranked #6 in the country had to do with UT screwing us?

2 Likes

the history is well known and documented, if you think tech and baylor were in a better spot back then… i have no idea what to say to you

Northwestern’s attendance is garbage too but theyre a private school with HALF of UH’s enrollment yet has better attendnace than us. They drew anywhere from 25-38k last year.

Arizona State averaged around 48k last year and drew 44k opening week this year.

Temple and San Jose State have garbage attendance and have talked about dropping their programs.

So what does drawing crowds in the 20s despite having a Top 10 team have to do with UT? Don’t dodge the question.

Yup…this exactly. I don’t want CDH doing ANY PR or marketing. I only care about winning games. It’s up to the Cougar Pride and UHAA to handle the rest.

2 Likes

Just wanted a larger sample size. Thanks for providing that.

My conclusion is there is no one-size-fits-all solution.