😲 Damn i missed this!

Because we haven’t done what was in my first line. The Herman “marketing boost” to attendance is as fake as he was while he was here. Credit for winning the big games which eventually got attendance up. His carnival barking wasn’t the reason for the sell outs against Memphis, Navy, Louisville. 32k for homecoming at 8-0 in the top 25 for 5 weeks straight against a winning conference opponent shows Herman’s hot air machine did nothing to change our fickle fan base (or 29k for Vanderbilt the previous week), it was the big time winning and opponents. Same thing for Dana to get sell outs, it will take a big time opponent or being nationally relevant for many weeks.

We sold out against UConn too

Was that because we were the #6 team in the nation looking like a playoff team or because Herman got another article written about him fixing floor tiles?

2 Likes

Man this is becoming exhausting.
Enough already with judas herman.
He promoted the program?
Let me all ASK YOU all two simple questions?

Why is it that nobody took this approach before?
Why is it that nobody has taken this approach since?

The asnswers are obvious.
It is on us/marketing and A.D. program to do this. Is it that hard? No it is not. The answer lays into the overall strategy that our program needs to take.

Have you ever heard of the BLUE OCEAN STRATEGY?
I invite you to read the book. This is exactly what our A.D. Department needs to do.

True, 26k in the 80s top 10 team playing the hogs

1 Like

That was 3 questions.

You got it Johnny Canales

True Dana is not a promoter like Tom was, one of the good things about TH.

Google is your friend . . . . .

Nah, man… I was feeding the fury of the red dragon. I think he and I both enjoyed the back and forth.

1 Like

Actually, that was 4 questions . . . . .

You are not going to get the players unless there is “buzz” around the school, and that is all about branding. The coach is really the only one who can do that, because they are the only ones who (presumably) are going to be around in 3-5 years.

1 Like

It’s not the HC’s job to drive attendance. We all need to man up and show up no matter what like p5 teams do. It’s up to our athletic dept etc to keep that going. Winning helps but we need to reach out to alumni etc with cheap tics etc like what Pez is doing with the $12 tics. Once in the big 12 , we will become more of brand where people want to watch us play those teams at home regardless of outcome like p5s or prof teams. Pez does need to keep the $12 dollar seats long term to mop up.

In his second and last season here produced one of the biggest underachieving teams in our history.
So no I have not forgotten.

1 Like

Herman was a great promoter but he was always on the verge of cringe. Getting into the gesture war with an opposing QB, having your wife in a public troll war with the media, flipping off your media partners during a public streaming, and various other juvenile stunts of lesser repute. He’s the kind that of person whose residue overwhelms his effort. His schtick definitely doesn’t work during a losing streak.

4 Likes

100% Agree and what is weird is that seemingly all that cringe stuff happened in Austin. His first year at UH was probably the most genuine he was, then he started believing the hype after the OU game and went on a downward spiral from there.