Concerning scene on UH Campus

Gentleman,

I was on the University of Houston campus this morning. I saw something truly disturbing to me. I saw some students wearing UT apparel. Where is the coog pride? How can this be allowed to go on? Especially after this past Saturday!

Love,
Bruno

7 Likes

Idk. Ask them not us.

10 Likes

Maybe they lost a bet with UT friends. I wouldn’t lose sleep over it. Our students been pretty good about not wearing other schools t-shirts recently.

12 Likes

Why were there ut students in the student section? Front row too. I feel like the student section was rowdier when I was a student. I feel like that person wouldn’t have lasted in the student section long back then.

6 Likes

Always been like that at UH. Back in the day many came to UH to get their grades up and then transfer to tu.
I had many a discussion with those types back in the day. Well at least with the women and the guys I thought I could handle lol.

2 Likes

They were getting taunted the whole game from what I saw. Lots of horns down and F UT chants.

4 Likes

Probably because UH students have friends at UT and they wanted to hang out together. No biggie. When in school back during the R&S Era I went to games at A&M and UT with friends who were going to school there.

3 Likes

I find it disrespectful….we can’t legally beat the sh-t out of him….but we can heckle them….let them know it’s not cool.

3 Likes

2 Likes

Exactly. It’s an unspoken rule that there should be no other school apparel on campus. No UT, A&M, or Rice. Other smaller schools I guess are ok. I saw someone with a grambling State shirt too and it didn’t bother me. Probably because someone wearing a GramblingnState shirt has some sort of connection probably. But I worry there are “t-shirt” of UT and A&M fans on UH very own campus

4 Likes

Maybe a Ut alumn getting a secondary degree from UH?

4 Likes

Like, maybe @qwanseeker? :joy:

2 Likes

My wife wore an Austin College visor with red blouse. I asked if she got any “Go Roos” shoutouts. Nope.

1 Like

Yep… A lot of kids come to UH, knock out a few credits, then transfer to t.u. or eatme and pretend like they’ve never stepped foot in a UH classroom.

4 Likes

Isn’t that a felony?

I guess it’s just me then. I had tech friends asking for my student guest tickets in 09 and I said no. They had to sit elsewhere in the stadium.

1 Like

Was it Astro orange you saw instead?

3 Likes

Ding! Ding!

You can’t mistake the burnt orange TEXAS on the front of the shirt

I was in the student section and one guy got lit up by 10 different people at once after he got mouthy I saw another longhorn get shoulder checked walking down the stairs.

5 Likes