Cfp is on the verge of going to14 schools or...the big10 and sec to secede?

Lol that’ll never happen

A few months ago Yormark pushed for UConn to the BIG 12. We heard Honzaga too. A few months later shoukd this be teconsideted? Could the BIG 12 known as the best basket ball league “salvage” our cutrent and future power confetence status to the biggest media companies?

Yormark didn’t push for anything, and we have no proof of any conversations

Don’t assume anything

1 Like

You don’t remember the UConn and Gonzaga talks?

I remember rumors that Yormark was considering them.

They didn’t seem to go anywhere though.

Thats because we have no need of a couple of BB schools, and our member schools said so. Those 2 would never get the votes…I imagine our membership wants P4 candidates only in future and is waiting for future developments in ACC…We should know more on that front a year from now…

1 Like

It’s a bit of a tricky situation to explain the Big 12 conference at the moment. While yes it is a stable conference all things considered, there are still complications.

• You have schools like Utah who are probably hoping to get into the B1G and could care less about Big 12 loyalty
  • You have schools like Oklahoma State and Kansas State who will never subscribe to a football-only conference (would be against adding basketball-only schools)
  • You have schools like UH and Kansas who would probably be open to an idea of a basketball-focused conference

Not every team on this conference is on the same page. That’s for sure. Even UH would jump to the P2 if the opportunity lends itself. The Big 12 is stable, but a raid by the P2 isn’t TOTALLY out of the picture. It just doesn’t make sense right now… but in 5-7 years who really knows.

1 Like

Sports Booster Donations 2005-22

That’s on Pez. Like we’re still in the AAC.

In 2005-2022 we were.

Indeed, it would be interested to see where we are at today.

Houston Rise started 6/2022 had a goal of $150m for athletics. It was at $50m 5/2023

(20m of that 91m was Tillman’s gift for Fertitta Center)

I happened to look at the comments on an instagram post talking about our basketball team. Was a national sports account, but don’t remember which one.

There was a guy that kept referring to us as the “poverty school” in every post.

“Houston is a poverty school”. “The poverty school won’t beat any legitimate basketball schools”. “The poverty school will lose in the first round of the tournament”.

I couldn’t tell if this was an inside dig, a p2 thing, or what. I didn’t see who he was a fan of.

Describing teams as “poverty” used to be a soccer thing used to describe teams that couldn’t pay their players enough to compete on a championship level, but it’s spilled over to other sports in a way that just means “bad.”

2 Likes

Realignment gif.

The guy in the back is the BIG 12 and ACC. The guy in the front is the big 10 and sec.

1 Like

Bad memories I’ve been in that situation.I’m a big guy so when they do that, when I get up to go to the lavatory it’s not a easy ride for that person.:rofl:

FSU, then Clemson IMO if a third acc school come out publicly it means the acc is indeed on life support. Who will be the next acc school to come out publicly against the acc. Miami to me is the obvious choice.

UNC it will be already rumblings about them and some dissension between the AD who’s pro ACC and the board members who believe UNC needs to look out for No. 1

What you forget is that the acc is based in NC thus influencing NC.