CDH will make a lot of friends if he calls out the refs

This sh*t been going on with UT since we been playing them first time we played them ended in a 20-20 tie…after the refs cb a UH TD play in last few seconds of the game robbing us of a victory

5 Likes

In the BYU-TT game, the BYU coach called timeout when he thought they stopped TT short of the line to gain.

It was after the timeout the replay official in the booth decided the play should be reviewed, so BYU didn’t get charged the timeout.

Guys on TV said he was going to challenge the call.

Only difference was theirs was on 4th down and a fake punt, ours was on 3rd down.

2 Likes

Remember that well….jobbed.

3 Likes

It clearly looks like he clears the first down line by at least 1/2 a yard.

3 Likes

Make a great pix in tomorrow mornings Chronicle.

Ok, so I went back and the exact quote is “I don’t understand review. Every time I think something’s reviewable, I can’t get em to review it. Uh, they say they’re looking at it but I don’t know that, you know, so…”

ETA some more: “you want me to call a timeout, can I review it, can… they said they’re reviewing it. They say we are reviewing it, and, and it is confirmed. I don’t, I mean, what else am I gonna do?”

1 Like

Please post video of the far line ref putting his foot where the spot should have been…on the 9 yard line.

1 Like

Our coaches bubbling admittance of not knowing the rules. That’s his effing job.

1 Like

It got worse. Later on when asked if he had the option to challenge the call, he says

“No, I mean I did. I mean I’m sitting there saying what’d you want me, you want me to call a timeout, can I review it, can… they said they’re reviewing it. They say we are reviewing it, and, and it is confirmed. I don’t, I mean, what else am I gonna do? You know, so… they say they’ve reviewed it, it’s confirmed, I mean I’m not gonna waste a timeout if they say it’s confirmed. I mean, I don’t understand it, I don’t understand what’s reviewable, what’s not reviewable, how we get a review, how we get a challenge, I don’t understand any of it.”

1 Like

Not blaming them for the loss. Blaming them for an egregious and suspicious placement of the ball which likely prevented us from winning. Awful.

Oh how I loathe that institution and the stench that follows it.

8 Likes

Can we post his presser?

Yep. This is what I saw the ref do. He had it marked with his left foot, turned around to look at the marker, then marked it with his right foot.

2 Likes

Sure.

If the refs on the field told him the call had been confirmed, the the official in the booth must have already packed his bags and gone home.

2 Likes

He wanted to beat traffic.

Here is the sideline ref, stepping with his left foot to mark progress to the 9 yard line.

He’s the only ref that had a decent angle on the spot

Screenshot_20231021_212505_Chrome

Screen shot from a twitter vid. Its more obvious in replay.

4 Likes

With what he’s getting paid, I agree.

Thank you for posting Ben.
CDH answers? I have no issues with it except that he took the refs comments at face value.
Moreover and this is where I have a major issue with the BIG12 ref crew. I was watching the game on tv far from U of H.
This is a Nationalized game coverage.
Be a neutral watching this game.
Is that satisfactory to the viewers?
Tim Brando and Spencer Tilman surely did not think so.
Neither went to U of H and in front a National audience the game is decided on this bogus call?
Now move this to say:
Alabama vs. Clemson
What kind of a coverage this would get on the networks and sports radio shows?
Yormark has to have a meeting with his refs and find out exactly what went down. At minimum someone in the replay booth should have told the refs then the refs telling the crowd. Play is under review. We did not get squat.

This was decided on a golf course or in a country club sauna.

1 Like

Not true, the refs told Dana they reviewed it. I think only the booth can initiate a review in last 2 minutes.

1 Like