Big 12 / SEC / B10 Expansion Thread (Part 2)

gotta think one of the Big 12/10 Conferences change their name? especially if ACC falls apart and Big 12 remains (I doubt that). Return of SWC?

I think it’s been reported that Yormark is going to keep the Big 12 name, but I believe a logo change is on its way.

I don’t think it’s really worth changing the name honestly.

2 Likes

Am I the only one thinking the Death of ACC will bring the death of the Big 12? especially if the top teams get Poached into Big 10-SEC

There aren’t really any teams in the current Big 12 that are really worth poaching

Maybe Kansas, but that’s really it.

1 Like

You’re probably not the only one.

But I don’t think so simply because there are too many content providers with too much of a demand for content.

That can’t be satisfied by two conferences.

2 Likes

True, BIG 12 basketball will keep it afloat

And the B1G already said no to Kansas.

Football brand too sucky.

As I have said before. The Big 12 is stable simply because the P2 conferences don’t want any of its teams.

Kansas is a big brand regardless of how good they are in football. They’re one of the top academic schools in the Big 12, and they are a great basketball school.

I agree the Big 12 is stable, for now
 but clearly any team would jump to the Power 2 if they had the chance.

Basketball doesn’t drive this.

If it did, then UConn would be P5.

It’s all about FOOTBALL brands, and Kansas’ is one of the worst.

Yes, but Kansas has the “potential”

That’s how significant the Kansas brand is.

Texas never won the Big 12 consistently and are still considered the premiere brand of the Big 12.

Texas won a national title while in the Big 12 though, and based upon all-time winning percentage (.702), wins (over 900), national titles (4), conference titles (32), and attendance (over 100K per game)/fan following
is considered a larger than life BLUE BLOOD.

OF COURSE they are considered to be the Big 12’s premiere football brand on that basis.

Now then, compare that with Kansas, which, all time, is considered among the WORST football brands in the country, when you look at all-time winning percentage (.470), bowl appearances (only 13 in over 100 years of play; UH has more than twice as many in far fewer years of play), bowl wins (only 6; UH has more than twice as many), and conference titles (only 9 all time, and only one since 1947). Of course, they’ve never come close to winning a natty, and have low attendance and a small football fan base and stadium by P4 standards.

Kansas
as a football brand
isn’t CLOSE to UT. That’s almost an apples to MELONS comparison.

Neither of the P2 wants to take that on.

The B1G already has enough football parasites.

Kansas, based on its football history
would be an even bigger football parasite than Illinois.

Bigger parasite than Illinois???

I wouldn’t go that far

1 Like

I would.

At least Illinois has some football natties, more conference titles, more bowl appearances, a higher all-time winning percentage, and more bowl victories to its credit.

They play in a bigger stadium, have a fancy football training facility, and have produced the NFL’s all-time greatest MLB (Butkus).

Illinois may be a B1G football parasite
but comparatively speaking
Kansas would be a gigantic B1G football TAPEWORM!!!

1 Like

You are making very valid points here i can’t argue

2 Likes

I mean outside of Iowa kinda and Wisconsin every current B1G West team is a parasite.

1 Like

I think people are glossing over the fact that NIL is going to SIGNIFICANTLY change college football.

There is a reason the New York Yankees are considered BIG Market and the Milwaukee Brewers are considered SMALL market.

Follow to money and you will find the REVISED list of Blue Blood teams.

The NIL is the BEST thing to happen to the University of Houston IF we don’t F it up.

Tilman is a brilliant businesman
let’s see it!

I keep hearing about NIL being good for Houston. Do we have a lot of NIL money already? If so where are the recruits?

2 Likes

We can all extrapolate of what college football will be like in five, six or more years. The only thing we know for sure is that the unexpected can/will/could happen. None of you thought USC and UCLA would destroy the PAC and join the big10. The same can be said for mad cow and okie to the sec.
Regarding U of H:
CDH is a main issue. We can’t have our program in this “light” for much longer. Unless he puts mad cow to the slaughter house and beat other P5/BIG12 teams he should lose his U of H id card.
Getting a “breakthrough” or proven winner HC like Peterson will work wonders for us. Let’s take care of the present. We do not have any other choices.

If the ACC blue bloods leave soon, then it will not be unexpected.

Every realignment talking head is saying it these days.

You said it yourself that there was no way Washington and Oregon would be invited to the big10?
You wrote reluctantly that they will both get less money but you do not mention that they will after a number of seasons.
The same can be said about madcow and okie. None of us have any idea what’s coming next. There are plenty of so called experts that are now writing that Utah and Colorado are next to go to the big10, heard it today with Rick Neuheisel and Chris on siriux/xm college sports. Does that make it true?