Big 12 / SEC / B10 Expansion Thread (Part 2)

I would like a future where the revenue and nonrevenue sports separate with the nonrevenue sports falling back into traditional regional conferences. Flying softball, women’s soccer, swimming and diving, even baseball, all over the country is dumb and a waste of time and money.

7 Likes

I was only referring to the timing. After this round, I expect the next round to involve the ACC, B1G and SEC. That would be difficult before the expiration of the GOR.

Yep.

I think what some are missing is that it’s not just the money issue, but exposure.

The PAC may be able to convince some streaming services to pay up (Amazon, Apple, FUBO TV, etc.) but at this point their viewerships are niche and small. This would have the result of reducing the brand values of the existing PAC members.

Jason Scheer avatar

Jason ScheerSTAFF

Posted on 46 mins, V I P, User Since 150 months ago, User Post Count: 89709

• 46 minsVIP
  • 150 months

Hearing numbers will be presented on Tuesday and the general belief is they will not be good enough. My guess is this is playing out similar to how Colorado did

13 Likes

thanks for posting RGV Coog

1 Like

Educated guess of FSU’s breach of contract / fraud case 2 break ACC GOR.

http://www.big12insider.com/articles/acc_fraud.html

PAC needs a worst case scenario bid from Apple TV.

Cal/ Stan/ OR St/ Wazzu/ Maybe Utah w 5 + best of AAC/MWC.

Current offer now is reported Apple + all streaming @ $20 million per after production.

Would above PAC be worth double the AAC TV $ ? (after production costs)

Best of AAC/MWC should go for it. No exit fee for MWC in 2 years helps.

2 Likes

FSU, look to Aug 15 something got to happen by that date, if FSU is serious, they must notify the conference there leaving. We’ll see if they are. Grab your popcorn.

That GOR will bleed them dry for the next 13 years.

1 Like

There is actually an internet rumor that the B1G will add UW, UO, Clemson, and FSU this week,

I find that implausible, given both a) the ACC GOR, and b) Clemson and FSU both being non-AAU, not to mention that ND would be left out, but stranger things have happened.

Still hoping for Washington, Oregon. and Zona to the Big 12, in that order!

3 Likes

I think there’s substance to the rumors that FSU is currently trying to find a way out, but FSU/Clemson to the B1G is a joke of a rumor. Inferior academically to the other B1G schools regardless of AAU.

2 Likes

Would be top-tier in the SEC based on US News, which isn’t research driven.

1 Like

I still think FSU lands in the SEC or even the Big 12 if we pull a rabbit out of our hat.

B1G atill looking west with Washington, Oregon, Standford and Notre Dame or…Washington, Oregon, North Carolina & Virginia.

SEC takes next 4 best from SEC …Big 12 takes the next best 4 after them

FSU and Clemson aren’t going anywhere anytime soon.

That rumor is poo.

3 Likes

I didnt realize the Udub research endowments were as large or larger than the UNC and UVA endowments. That might help them but Oregon’s research endowments are not impressive at all. Now maybe the B1G takes Washington but would they really be excited by Oregon? If the B1G takes Washington they are at 17 schools waiting on 18 ND, for how long? So i dont know, but if the B1G was going to get Udub and wait on ND it would have happened already…unless they were waiting on the Big 12 to make a move (now it has). We will see shortly, if the B1G wants Udub itll either happen by the 2024 season or not until nearly 2035-36. If the B1G did take them id be fine with that as it drives the final nail into the PAC coffin.

1 Like
21 Likes

That was amazing.

Hilarious AND a great summary!

1 Like

Been perusing the ACC boards. They’re keen on WVU as an expansion team. What’s the temp with ya’ll’s fans on playing there… I’d have to think it’s preferred from an opponent standpoint

All the places that are talking the rumors of FSU to B1G all go back to Barstool Jack McGuire. A guy who has been ripped apart for stretching on things for years.

To quote this article above

Considering that even McGuire was incredulous at the lack of reporting on the incident, it may be best to take this wild tale with a grain of salt.

Those Arizona fans are seriously ready to join the Big 12.

11 Likes