Big 12 / SEC / B10 Expansion Thread (Part 2)

what do we do with UCF?

Washington and Oregon already play against Colorado and Arizona, BYU is out there also.

would be pretty nice having a conference spanning “From Oregon on out to Orlando”.

edit - didnt realize you were responding to the B1G, thought you were referencing Oregon and WU coming to the Big12… my bad

This is the direction to go. Worst case, Washington and/or Oregon bolt to the B1G whenever the ACC GOR expires. It is likely that 1 or 2 ACC schools that the B1G doesn’t want are more valuable and a better fit that Utah or ASU.

is there some sort of timeline or deadline that schools have to apply to the Big12 for 2024?

or can this drag out for even longer still?

The goal should be to have the best brands and do the best on the field. Then use that success to see who fits the B12 mold. If Yormark did his job, then in 6-8 years he should have his pick of 12-15 teams he wants to bring in.
B12 needs:

2-3 National Championships in football
Continued seeding dominance in the ncaa

Then start marketing as the best conference in the country.

2 Likes

Why would ACC collapse trigger B1G to take UW and Oregon? They could get them now.

3 Likes

I’m with Darth on this.

No connection.

If the B1G wanted those two schools, they’d simply take them now.

No need to wait on the ACC.

3 Likes

This is an internet cliché now. TheB10 will take Oregon and Washington when the Pac implodes.
When someone asks why wait? They can get them cheap now. One usually hears that they don’t want to be seen as having destroyed the PAC.

They already did destroy the PAC.

7 Likes

Hmmm . . . I wonder is this realignment related?

2 Likes

No. They have a committee on Free Expression. Nothing to do with sports.

1 Like

Perhaps it was scheduled to freely express their need to move to the B12

7 Likes

Is yelling, “Hurry or we’re #%#ed!” considered free expression?

5 Likes

Watched Flugaur yesterday, he said the B1G does want UW and OU just waiting for the B12 to grab another team from PAC, to commence there collapse. They don’t want to be seen as the ones who kill the PAC and B1G lawyers are telling them to wait.

Because this didn’t start with USC and UCLA leaving? Lawyers…

4 Likes

Flugar is annoying and not a true insider. He just spews scenarios that are more logical than swaim or mvher or whoever.

2 Likes

Like him or not, the man has cred on realignment when it comes to B1G. Predicted USC moving to B1G, months ahead before it happened, while folks including myself were calling him a troll.

3 Likes

Not according to GK. B12 and BY is the reason for the death of P12 under his watch.

1 Like

USC and Ucla moving was everywhere on fan forums as far back as 2016. Wasn’t anything new.

UH1927 called usc and ucla to BIG in 2021.

Flug, picks up stuff from forums like this and regurgitates them on air and twitter.

5 Likes

GK and the PAC 12 school chancellors will look for a scapegoat for sure.

Ultimately, the PAC had a few chances to survive.

1. They refused to take Texas and Oklahoma way back when they had a chance.

2. Refused to take any G5 schools when USC/UCLA left

3. Refused to take Big 12 schools with OU/UT left

Three chances and they blew them all.

5 Likes

The B1G is waiting on ND to be sure, but i think that is just the tip of what they are waiting for. The B1G has limited numbers of seats at their table and want to give 3 of those seats to ND, UNC, UVA, and after that i suspect Georgia Tech, Miami or even Duke may still out rank Huskyduck. To sum up, i dont think the B1G will expand beyond 20 schools and Oregon and Washington wont make that cut.

1 Like

I really don’t see how a 20 team conference is manageable. 16 is really pushing the envelope in my opinion.

3 Likes