Big 12 / SEC / B10 Expansion Thread (Part 2)

Well if the PAC invited Boise State they would surrender any pretence of academic reputation.

2 Likes

Either way, they’re either trying to preserve their conference or they’re doing some kind of meaningless academic circle-jerk.

Note: given the two options I would personally avoid the before mentioned circle jerk.

1 Like

The PAC Prez’s haven’t show themselves to the shiniest pennies in the piggy bank. Stanford and Cal are being run by eggheads, closest thing to sport they done probably in their lives, was playing gin rummy.

3 Likes

I’m trying to understand what they want. And I suspect they wouldn’t be able to answer that.

1 Like

There like deer in a hunter pick-up spot light there going to get wacked and made into sausage and venison steaks

There is a reason why some call it “Berserkly” instead of Berkeley

1 Like

If they want academic strength there are tons if great schools in big cities. Just put the information in a computer and let it spit out the answers. They could do it in 20 minutes. I mean, being top notch academic types. I’m assuming USC leaving didn’t close their statistics departments.

They don’t have a deal. Aren’t close to a deal. And aren’t sure what they want once a deal presents itself.

My boss says it succinctly, “if you’re waiting on a deal then there is no deal.”

2 Likes

If the PAC completely disintegrates or takes on too much MWC rubbish i wonder if Stanford and Cal-Berkeley would consider something centered around schools like Rice, Tulane, Air Force in if not the base of a “conference” a loose scheduling association?

1 Like

Great points, i could see them aim for that. Tulane has nearly doubled their student body count. At one point university of houston clear lake had more students

Not apples to apples of course

1 Like

I could see them looking at Rice fits there profile to a T, right up to having no fans.

5 Likes

Rice and Air Force aren’t going to pay exit fees to join a conference that isn’t even worth it to play for

If the PAC disintegrates, then the remaining members will be the ones looking for new homes. Not the other way around

1 Like

I could see a point where those schools opt out like the Ivy League did.

Rice

LOL

It wouldn’t necessarily have to be a conference as much as scheduling partnerships
 the MWC and AAC teams would have 3 non conf games to play with and i assume a home and away every year with Stanford and Cal-Berkeley would be attractive to them. No doubt they would only then be able to schedule one “cupcake” game non conference but the benefits could outweigh the initial losses

Oregon, Arizona and Arizona State please.

Ideally early next week, thanks.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/JWMediaDC/status/1685277745595432960?s=20

I like Sheer but even he isn’t above BS. He’s just playing the law of averages.

1 Like

Or any school that’s not name Rice or Tulane. But let’s be real, those 2 don’t have any chance do they? Or they do. God knows what Stanford and Cal want. LOL

1 Like

BYU has been courted by every conference not designated P5 for all long as I can remember. They were the hot girl playing hard to get. I’m glad BYU joined the B12. Definitely, the highest profile school of the four.

3 Likes