Big 12 / SEC / B10 Expansion Thread (Part 2)

What huge limb to go out on, adding Colorado doesn’t make the gap with SEC or the B1G well no shite Sherlock.

Another brave take… How much more valuable would the Big 12 be if Colorado, Aggie, Nebraska, Missouri, Texas and OU never left? Of course it would be with more.

You can’t say definitively that UH wasn’t seriously considered by the PAC. It doesn’t matter now, and I couldn’t say for sure one way or the other. There’s information available that suggests we were, but no one but UH and PAC officials know. By the way, the writer who had sources telling him that UH and TCU were the top PAC targets was named the top sports columnist in Texas, one of the top 10 columnists nationally, was a journalism professor at TCU, and he’s been writing for the Fort Worth Star-Telegram for over 20 years. Doesn’t sound like a fool on Twitter.

4 Likes

You can rest assured that we were not.

Anyone who knows anything about the PAC knows that they don’t take R2 schools or religious schools.

TCU was both.

The minute you saw TCU mentioned…you should have safely DISMISSED it as bunk coming from a TCU/Fort Worth homer, as I did.

As for the other article, that was Wilner saying that he thought UH would be a good candidate.

Doesn’t mean that the PAC ever considered us. If the PAC had already said no to larger P5 Big 12 brands, then you can be certain that they weren’t looking to expand with a G5 like Houston.

Common sense man.

Sure.

Absolutely!

I think that only you, UH1927, and maybe Acres ever gave that stuff any credence.

We’ve all seen how much credibility Wilner has on realignment in recent weeks.

1 Like

2 Likes

Swap out ASU for Stanford and I’d agree.

1 Like

I like the Beavers over Cougars 3.0.

An hour and a half from Portland so easy to get to. Investing great $ in their facilities. Recently finished in the top 20 in football. Recently went to Elite 8 in basketball.

4 Likes

https://www.si.com/college/stanford/football/paul-finebaum-declares-pac-12-will-no-longer-be-a-power-five-conference-after-2023

As I’ve said, it may still be STATUTORILY a P5 conference, but any media deal they end up getting will be so crappy that it will, in money terms, be a G5 on steroids.

It’ll be a P5 IN NAME ONLY at that point.

This guy is a clown obviously guess he’s trying to get in on Clowzano act. He take D-day in make it a victory for Germany because the Allies didn’t make it all the way to Berlin on the same day of the invasion. Then using his son cancer as an analogy about conference alignment which 99.99% of the worlds and USA people know nothing about or could careless about? WHAT poor taste. What a freaking idiot!

Of course to Finebaum college football is the SEC and maybe the Big Ten.

If the Big 12 is dying of cancer…then the PAC is dying of ALS.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/junior_miller/status/1684901041047760897?s=46

https://twitter.com/junior_miller/status/1684968353532715014?s=46

Anyone know if this guy is legit?

Eh he’s not saying anything really. Yes Oregon would prefer BIG to us but depending on what share they are offered, if anything, their move might be Big 12. Let’s just take a deep breath and let the pressure build on Arizona, Oregon, and UW and see what happens over the next couple weeks.

Weeks?

I’m thinking days…

3 Likes

Big 12 is a tryout for teams with hopes of making it to the big leagues. We have 5 years to get our act together or forever be a mid major.

We are all mid majors now.

Happy to finally be on a level playing field and in the same boat as all of these guys.

No, but is anyone particularly legit these days?

I’m sorry but there’s ZERO chance we hold at 14 if say we get AZ and then Oregon and Washington are there for the taking. Way too big of brands to worry about an impending ACC fracture with a 2036 GOR to battle and if the ACC does fracture and Big10 SEC get their top 4-6 picks. After three top 4 or 5, what brand in the ACC is as big as NIKE U?

I think that is a bit too much of a dystopian viewpoint. Yes BIG and SEC are the “big 2” but the $ is so big now for them they are only in the business of adding blue blood premium type brands. There might be a very small handful of them outside of several we can name in the ACC. With that said, I don’t see them fully cutting out the next level like the Big 12 because I see some serious lawsuits coming. How many states would be left out? Way too much collateral damage would be imparted for what they’d gain. I do see something like more guaranteed playoff spots for them than others but oh well. For instance 12 team playoff. Maybe 2 auto spots go to BIG and SEC each and only 1 do Big 12 and ACC.

4 Likes