Big 12 Mexico? Big 12 Concert tour?

1 Like

Let’s normalize context. No one wants to sit thru a 30 min youtube video. Just give us your hot take and then we can decide to go watch it or not.

5 Likes

I’d be open to playing both big 12 football and basketball games in Mexico to grow our brand and footprint.

We are a school that will benefit the most from this, nearly every citizen in Mexico knows the city of Houston.

12 Likes

I love Mexico :mexico:.

Let’s go….I better not lose my passport though……

10 Likes

Orale homes…

1 Like

B12 football could use the 2026 World Cup Mexico locations starting w M. Bay F.C.
Take advantage of the World Cup infrastructure.
The soccer world will be stoked at the Mexico facilities and views.
Liga MX not easy to watch.

2 Likes

I listened to the whole thing and it was pretty interesting. I had previously been impressed with Yormark, but after watching the whole interview, I realize that I didn’t appreciate him enough. The man has a combination of confidence and humility that allows him to use outside resources and get help with things he is not as familiar with. He gives credit to mentors and others who have helped him implement things in the B12 and create a more cohesive conference who are aligned in the mission of the conference.

As for the Mexico comment, I didn’t get the idea that he was advocating actually playing in Mexico, but rather to have media incursion there. Creating media demand in Mexico could be a large plus financially for the conference.

He also went into doing things to make the conference more appealing to the present and future student athletes in an attempt to bring in high quality recruits to our various teams which will also increase demand.

He went into his decision to go fast on the TV deal which he thought was important to stabilize the conference and also gave him buy-in from the board to do other things.

All in all, I am glad I spent the time to watch it and thought it very informative. Like I said, it gave me a greater appreciation of Yormark as the B12 Commissioner.

12 Likes

Wow, about minute mark 2:10, they talk about the additional new revenue of $75M generated from the televised Big 12 Pro Day and the Big 12 Concert tour. Yormark is kicking a$$.

I’m sure the other power conferences will start following what the Big 12 is doing.

4 Likes

Well it’s official, he’s yordaddy

8 Likes

Indeed. He brings a new “dimension” IMO. He is everything that the BIG12/we needed to transition after this season. He stands out from the other “stale” commishs. For sure other conferences are envious.

3 Likes

I was hooked after his other podcast interview. This one just reinforced it. He has the right ideas that the Big X!! needed to establish itself in this crazy environment.

1 Like

I get this feeling that they aren’t envious. The other conferences seem stuck in their ways.

We have a forward thinking and innovative conference. It’s really weird to say that.

I think it will be the schools that will be envious, especially seeing how he is aggressively making moves to create value and open new markets for the members of the conference.

B12 OOC games in Mexico vs the universities in Mexico would be cool

1 Like

We may be in a very unique position, Houston being as diverse as it is, could allow UH to expand its brand outside of Houston proper.

Imagine having a Mexico City game… Telling prospects that they wouldn’t just have national exposure, but international exposure.

4 Likes

LOL…and, what is PAC accomplishing that our target schools would want to stay there?

Do the universities in Mexico even play American football, I know they play “futball.”

Big 12 on Univision and Telemundo. More dinero.

4 Likes

Some do….but they are at about a D3 level.

Yes, they’ve been playing since the '20s

schedule a game against UNAM…google their mascot/logo…