• Texas Tech
  • Arizona

Whoa

8 Likes

Arizona won’t be joining til 2024-25 but yah the conference is loaded

Good thread :+1:

Poor k state, no love in this club

@3rdWardCoog add K State (w/ Tang) and Iowa State to that list

Oklahoma St, hmmm. Mike Boynton needs to get that thing going. 1 tournament in 6 seasons. Did have the postseason ban 1 yr

Don’t forget TCU. Jamie Dixon has something going there

5 Likes

Tx Tech will be trash this year in basketball in Big 12

1 Like
  • Houston
  • Baylor
  • Cincinnati (?)
  • Kansas
  • K-State
  • Arizona

Whoa

(fixed)

3 Likes

Could see a B12 FF.

1 Like

Ranking the 16 programs

1.Kansas
2.Baylor
3.Arizona
4.Houston
5.Kansas State
6.Texas Tech
7.West Virginia
8.TCU
9.Iowa State
10.Cincinnati
11.Oklahoma St
12.Colorado
13.Arizona St
14.Utah
15.BYU
16.UCF

Colorado has been okay under Tad Boyle. 5 NCAA tournaments in 13 yrs

I’d put UH at least #3.

10 Likes

its done

2 Likes

@SamHouston1 with Kelvin okay.

Arizona won a Natty in 1997. Sean Miller got them to Elite 8s. They’re Tier 2, in the Blue Bloods category.

Alot of big time alum: Steve Kerr, Sean Elliot, Jason Terry, Richard Jefferson, Gilbert Arenas, Aaron Gordon, Ben Mathurin, Lauri Markkanen, DeAndre Ayton

And Karissa kerr

2 Likes

Is this a ranking of the programs historically or for next year?

@WhoWeTalkinBout hmmm, not next yr. Sortof the past 5 years and going forward

Like Tang at Kansas St. He seems like a winner

Arizona. The last 2 seasons, 1 seed & 2 seed. Just haven’t had NCAA tournament success. So people are down on them

Kansas and Baylor, both won titles. And both are recruiting at a very high level. So i think its fair they’re above UH

1 Like

I would move BYU up over Utah if you are going off the past 5 years.

2 Likes

I think that Houston is a better position than Arizona. Based on the past 5 and next 5 years. I’m not convinced that Arizona’s style is championship material. The past year they played pretty one dimensional. If you rank Kansas and Baylor’s championship high then I think that UH’s elite 8, sweet 16, and final four should also put them above Arizona.

1 Like

Gotcha. Good list. I’d probably drop Utah to last and move WVU down 2-3 spots because of the uncertainty surrounding Huggins exit. Really really strong league!

3 Likes

@Footballer13 thats fair. With Kelvin, i think UH at #3 is accurate.

And i think most pundits rank us as a better program than Arizona. Especially with the Princeton loss. That wasn’t a great look for Arizona

Things do change year to year. BYU, the 2019-2020 season. Had a solid team. Looked like their 3pt shooting could help them win in the Big 12. Then these past 2 seasons, kinda poor. And now they’re viewed as a bottom feeder