According to Kendall Rogers, Whitting

Is the kid worthy of academic aid or we’re assuming he’s worthy just cause he plays baseball?

Which kid? If they’re not even making the effort to get qualified students considered, then that’s a problem. You can be certain that there are academically well-qualified baseball players in the program every year.

2 Likes

Huh?

In general….obviously

1 Like

There’s a ton of conversation to be had about that graph. Pro’s and cons. A quick glance at the left side shows the influence ESPN money to the SEC has had on budgets. They got a jump on everyone because they had had the money to throw at it and obviously the schools made it a priority. From UH’s current position, a $500K-$1M budget increase slews you about 25 spots to the left.
But as has been stated, there are multiple teams going to Super’s with budgets on our end of the spectrum. The current UH situation is not a $$$ problem.

3 Likes

I’ll second that, additionally there is a huge pool of talent in HS baseball programs these days. I’m rarely inclined to bash coaches, but the results have just not been there with this staff. Here’s hoping that Pez and Company have a moment of revelation and ease Whitt on out to pasture.

2 Likes

A little bit of coaching staff news

1 Like

Gotta cut off the head of the snake….sacrificing assistants isn’t fooling anyone.

6 Likes

Unfortunately it appears that it is.

1 Like

I don’t think it’s fooling Pezman. He’s just one head of a 2-headed snake.

2 Likes

Next up, Woody Williams.

IMG_6979

3 Likes

It is such an effing joke because he never let Kenny even put his stamp on the staff. It was obvious that TW was in charge. That is why they would pitch guys one inning at a time. It is obviously not his fault. Does he have pictures of Pez with a goat?

3 Likes

Remember last year we said what kind of pitching coach would bother coming here at all.

The staff was horrible with no development….you think that had more to do with TW?
Not saying you’re wrong, just not sure I get your reasoning?

Kenny obviously didn’t help his situation.

2 Likes

I just think that throwing human deck chairs off the bow at this point is cliché. If these staffers are the issue then who the Hell is hiring them?

4 Likes

I heard some pretty good things about Kenny from a number of different people. I think he made a big impact on a number of players but you really couldn’t see it come to fruition because TW was too paranoid and put his clamps on the staff.

Hhhmmm.

Well if that’s true the TW is more of a buffoon than I could have imagined.

We all know he has just been throwing guys under the bus to as a token for keeping his job….the casual fan thinks it’s actually going to help but it’s not.

However, if a coach is really good and has a nice setup( especially a pitching coach)……I’m not just talking about a throwing program….i want a pitching coach that is meating with pitchers and catchers individually and in small groups….teacher the art of pitching….how a batter thinks, making every pitch have a reason……but my point here is that if Kenny was that good than TW would have recognized it and gotten the hell out of the way….if he is that good it’s going to make a very positive difference in the team, the program….
TW would not be sending him packing.

How many assistants have we gone thru the last 5 years?

From what I understand, he was doing those things with the pitchers. He was doing the things that Bunn never did. Hell, they didn’t even watch film of themselves or go over a game plan before the games. He just couldn’t get TW to buy in to what he was doing. I am not saying he was a great pitching coach but he was trying to do the right things. I know everyone is high on WW, but he isn’t going to give full reigns to him. As long as TW is going to be on the hot seat, he is going to throw everyone, except Kivett, under the bus. Good gawd, TW barely even shows up to practice. He lets Kivett handle everything. If there is anyone who should be fired, it is Kivett. He is not a very good coach. Look how he handled the team all season. It was a joke! He sucks up to TW, though, so he is a God in TW’s eyes.

1 Like

But according to his bio, Kivett played an integral role in Houston’s historic turnaround during 2022.

We may be at the bottom of the standings, but we’re ELITE gaslighters.

4 Likes

“Historic Turnaround “ that never even sniffed the bubble.

4 Likes