According to Kendall Rogers, Whitting

Thats unfortunate really. I’ve got a lot of hope that new AD can get us in a good spot. I hadn’t followed baseball in years, (back when I had season tickets) is the rest of the staff pretty competent, or are we in a situation where we need a complete reboot of everything?

Piece has had a taste of UT life with unlimited NIL - he’s not the same guy from Tulane

He didn’t have the best reputation locally in the some circles

2 Likes

It would be a cleaning house deal….they fired the pitching coach who he just hired last year……Woody Williams was promoted to pitching coach.

He might be someone that stays….maybe

1 Like

Correct.

Especially after how the Sean Allen dismissal went down.

2 Likes

The new AD needs to jump on this.

1 Like

Ags losing and then Sips hiring Schloss away would heaven :rofl: Work with 75% Ags and Sips and the smack talk would be epic

3 Likes

It looks like your idea has just become possible.

So hire the guy that UT fired and make it contingent on him hiring the guy he fired a couple of years ago?

Makes sense. :laughing:

5 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

:eyes::eyes::eyes:

Would Pierce even be willing to come here for a fraction of what he was making at ut austin? I see him going to a school with deeper pockets that would hope he could bring his track record to their program.
I’d still like to see Sean Allen get a shot at it, with Woody Williams as pitching coach. They could probably get Allen for about what they’re paying Whitting, and then he could work his way up to a seven-figure salary.

2 Likes

Will the new AD even know we have a Baseball Program…cause the last one sure as hell didn’t. Quit wasting time and spinning wheels…The Whit Train flew off the track years ago. Get Sean Allen in here STAT

4 Likes

Ags are whining like a wh@r& in the front pew…FTA…they sure as hell didn’t have any problem whatsoever bending UH over in the Sumlin/SoMiss debacle.

6 Likes

Does anyone know about the issue Kirk Bohls wrote about Pierce during the Big 12 tournament? Kendall mentions it in his article but I have not seen anything. Thanks!

Didn’t know Pierce and Fritz both worked at Sam Houston and Tulane at the same time

Wouldn’t surprise me if it’s just some kind of after-the-fact hit piece to rationalize the firing and be the opening salvo in buyout negotiations.

1 Like

I’m thinking something to it. Otherwise the parting wouldn’t have been so amicable, at least in public statements.

I don’t particularly like Pierce but it’s a dumb move on UT’s part IMO.

3 Likes

It was something about a player who complained about Pierce to one of their gripe committees.

1 Like

Florida State fired their HC a couple of years ago after they made a regional. Some schools have really high expectations. Other schools seem to have no expectations at all.

1 Like